CIV is FREE TO PLAY all weekend and 91% Off

It's worth noting that the Anthology Edition, which is the "Complete" one, is $29.40, and only 86% off.

Does the free weekend include the expansions (and if so, all of them or just the Platinum ones), or just the base game? For some reason I couldn't find that on search engines or on the Steam page. I might try it if it includes the expansions, having only played Vanilla previously.

Does the free weekend include the expansions (and if so, all of them or just the Platinum ones), or just the base game? For some reason I couldn't find that on search engines or on the Steam page. I might try it if it includes the expansions, having only played Vanilla previously.
1663336538129.png

Yeah, I know what Platinum Edition is, the question was if the free weekend included expansions and if so which ones? I picked up Vanilla on EGS a couple years ago but it didn't draw me in like Civ3/Civ4+BTS did, so I was wondering if it included expansions.

I wound up downloading it and can confirm it corresponds to the Platinum Edition, meaning it has both major expansions and the civ packs up to but not including the New Frontier pass. So it is a good option for those who weren't converted from previous Civ games by Vanilla, and are curious if the expansions are worth buying but haven't been curious enough to actually buy them yet. It wouldn't help those who have Platinum but aren't sure if they want to buy New Frontier.

I'll also note that the confusion is primarily due to the Steam page, which mentions you can play Civ VI free this weekend but doesn't mention anything about whether Platinum Edition is included in the free weekend or just the sale. It looks like Firaxis did a better job of sending Thunderfall the proper poster than they did of updating their Steam page :).

Top Bottom