Civ IV and Windows 8, do they work together?

C:programs(x86)/2KGames/Firaxis Games/Sid Meiers Civilization IV Complete/Mods

Simply change the destination path.
Or, you can extract the mod to your desktop and then just click/drag the mod into your mods folder.
Or, if you already have a mod in your /mygames folder, open it up, then open up the /mods folder, then shrink both widows to where they both fit on your screen, then click and drag the mod from one mod folder to the other.
There's a couple other ways to do it, but those are the easiest.

By the way, if you want to free yourself from the tyranny of Windows 8, it runs fine on Windows 10 as well.

Swirl900:
"If you get the chance to answer, where is the 'roots mod directory' and how does one go about accessing it/putting mods into there. I didn't know you could put in in somewhere other than my games, then the civ folder. "

He is saying put the mods in the main game Mod folder, where the mods that come with the game are located, rather than in your personal game folder. The main game folder will be in your Program, Application, or similarly named folder (depending on your OS) at the top level of the internal hard drive's organization.

Drakarska has given you the address above (in post 21) for most Windows 7 systems.

It can be elsewhere but if it were, you would have put it there and not be asking this question.

By the way, if you want to free yourself from the tyranny of Windows 8, it runs fine on Windows 10 as well.

For some reason one mod, Rise of Mankind, doesn't run on Windows 10 for me, even though the much large and more complicated Caveman to Cosmos mod does.

For some reason one mod, Rise of Mankind, doesn't run on Windows 10 for me, even though the much large and more complicated Caveman to Cosmos mod does.

Ok, that's odd. Runs great for me, and I can't get C2C to run ( black tiles). Love the Irony.

Top Bottom