CIV IV:Art of War

JoeyB98

King of Ohio
This mod is the result of about a year of tinkering. It all began when some close friends of mine bought Civilization, but one only had vanilla. That’s no fun, so I made for us a sort of “BtS emulator” from the ground up. After that, things got a bit carried away and I ended up with 45 civs, 143 leaders, and countless scenarios.

The scenarios are truly the crowning jewel of AoW, it cannot hope to parallel some other mods in terms of content and realism. However, I believe AoW has the largest number of scenarios of any downloadable mod today. It features 37 historical scenarios from 4000 BC to the modern day, mostly converted from scenarios downloaded here but some converted from other Civ games and some adapted from or built on top of other maps and scenarios. There are also 4 maps, including my experimental draft-based Risk map, and 4 One City Challenges on Rhye’s world map, including Cyprus, Hawaii, Ireland, and Sri Lanka. Each has been adapted to give you a fighting chance.
As for the rest of it, it has most of the units that are in BtS and Warlords, as well as a couple of my own. There is one small tech tree tweak, nothing noticeable. Also, there are a few new buildings, wonders, and improvements, but I am far too lazy to convert all the UBs.
This mod could not have been possible without this community, from whom I took most of my inspiration and graphics (especially leaderheads) and all the help they have provided me, especially The_J who was always there to answer my modding questions.
So without further ado, my humble modding magnum opus, built up over years since my first disastrous mapmaking attempts:

Download
Screenshots
Spoiler :

New units. Most units from Warlords and BtS are added as well but not shown.

Two screenies from my adapted version of Hell Hawk's WW2 scenario

A screenshot from the 2009 Simplified Modern World scenario, adapted from Next War.

Full LH list

Full Scenario List
Spoiler :

• BC 4000 - Dawn of Civilization
  • BC 600 - Greek World
  • BC 500 - Biblical World
  • BC 450 - Chinese Unification
  • BC 445 - Peloponnesian War
  • BC 336 - Alexander
  • BC 300 - Rise of Rome
  • CE 68 - The Year of Four Emperors
  • CE 450 - Anglo-Saxon Invasion
  • CE 500 - MesoAmerica
  • CE 600 - Pre-Columbian Civilization
  • CE 800 - Fall of Byzantium
  • CE 1000 - Earth
  • CE 1031 - Reconquista
  • CE 1066 - The Crusades
  • CE 1193 - East Asia
  • CE 1206 - Mongol Invasions
  • CE 1270 - Kangnido
  • CE 1318 - Hereford Mappa Mundi
  • CE 1485 - Sengoku
  • CE 1500 - Italian City States
  • CE 1526 - Across the Atlantic
  • CE 1754 - French and Indian War
  • CE 1799 - Napoleon
  • CE 1861 - American Civil War
  • CE 1885 - Scramble for Africa
  • CE 1905 - Imperial Zenith
  • CE 1914 - World War I
  • CE 1917 - Russian Revolution
  • CE 1936 - Spanish Civil War
  • CE 1938 - Road to War
  • CE 1942 - World War II
  • CE 1944 - D-Day
  • CE 1948 - Arab-Israeli War
  • CE 1960 - Cold War
  • CE 1984 - Nineteen Eighty Four
  • CE 2009 - Modern World
  • Map - Earth 18 Civs
  • Map - Europe
  • Map - Pacific
  • Map - Risk
  • OOC Challenge - Cyprus
  • OOC Challenge - Hawaii
  • OOC Challenge - Ireland
  • OOC Challenge - Sri Lanka
  • Mapscript - Planet_Generator_0_68
  • Mapscript - Ring_World

JoeyB98

I DL your mod and tried to run it and had all kinds of errors while it was loading. Something is a little wrong.

Well, that explains my confused litany of expletives :). Thanx for the clarification

Hello I just registered motivated to ask about this mod (though I should have done it years now, for I've been watching the site for a long time).
How do you start all these Scenarios? I only find the usual available

OK I found out what was going on
The Art of War.rar that I downloaded extracts to an "Art of War" folder with ANOTHER "Art of War" sub-folder inside and an "Art of War.ini" so I presumed it should be like that.
I changed the sub-folder (with Assets, Privatemaps etc) to be on top and now it works fine!

Any possibility to port this into BtS? I havent played the original vanilla Civ4 for years now and I'm not even sure what the differences will be..

I must extend to you my most gracious thanks. What a superb Mod this is. Just had a quick look around so far, but it's obvious a lot of time and effort went into this.

Truly epic stuff for the vanilla version.

Thank you :)

I could port the scenarios to BtS, probably, but I did make this mod for playing with my friends who only have vanilla, so a mod-wide port is unlikely.
ah, it is a pity! :(

I wish it was for BtS... But have fun with your friends! :)

I don't know if this thread is still used/read but is this mod mac compatible? I got the mac vanilla version :(

When i click on download file not found help please this mod looks awesome and i have vanilla and i want to play this mod please dude

good luck with that, its been almost 4 years since the creator wrote something,

better look another mod, or get bts+great mods for cheap on steam or somthing :)
But I can't download BTS right now and I want to have fun with the vanilla untill I download bts any help

Top Bottom