Civ IV Complete & BUG/BUFFY

Here are the install instructions, which came with an earlier version of BUG Mod but still work fine. I have used the CustomAssets method to install it on my copy of Civ4 Complete, from disc not Steam or other online source. These instructions work for both Windows and MacOSX. However, if you are using MacOSX, you need to change one line in a BUG file. If so, post that you need the change and I will post it. I have BUG Mod installed on both Windows and MacOSX systems. (There is no "1." in these instructions. "1." is just a description of what BUG Mod is for, which I am assuming you already know.) :)

WARNING: You should never modify or replace the original BTS Assets files.

To install BUG as a mod so that you must load it to play, place the folder that contains this README file into your BTS's Mods folder.

C:\Program Files
Sid Meier's Civilization 4
Beyond the Sword
Mods
BUG Mod

To install BUG so that it is always active with your games (this will allow you to use it with succession games and games you open from the CivFanatics forum), you must first copy the files and folders from the Assets folder into your CustomAssets folder. Next create a "BUG Mod" folder next to CustomAssets and copy the Info and UserSettings folders into it. Finally, copy the files inside PrivateMaps into BTS's PublicMaps folder.

At each step it is important that you tell it to overwrite files.

C:\Documents and Settings
<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword

CustomAssets <-- folders in Assets go here
BUG Mod <-- create this folder
Info <-- coyp these two folders here
UserSettings
PublicMaps <-- copy files from PrivateMaps here

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. CONFIGURATION

Once you start a game with BUG you can customize how BUG looks by hitting ALT + CTRL + O to get to the BUG Options screen. It has many tabs to organize the settings, and they are all written to INI files inside the UserSettings folder. You can also change them in these files, but this is only necessary for a handful of options.

Top Bottom