1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV complete no world builder?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by SheaD, Jul 24, 2008.

1. SheaD

SheaD Chieftain

So I have Civ IV complete but can not find the world builder, in fact I am convinced that there isn't one. Anyone know anything all about this?
    All I want to do is load a world map and make it so that I can decide how many AI players I want on the map and who but so far it is always decided for me, seemingly by the person who has designed the map.

2. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Is this the "vanilla" civ or BTS?

Welcome to the Forums SheaD. :beer:

3. SheaD

SheaD Chieftain

Thanks, Beyond the Sword but I also checked Vanilla and neither of them had world builder.

4. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

SheaD:

I just checked a saved game.
    Click on the small screen display left of the red question mark icon in the upper right hand corner.
    A submenu pops up.
    One of the options is 'Enter World Builder'.

5. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Chieftain

Also you can select number of AIs and which AIs appear by playing a Custom Game unless playing a scenario.

6. eewallace

eewallace Chieftain

After starting a game, you can use Control-W to open the world builder. Then you can either modify your existing game, or create a scenario and save it.

7. war ensemble

war ensemble Chieftain

Civ Complete does have the World Builder. Just press escape and choose "Enter WorldBuilder from the drop-down menu. I have Civ Complete, and it works for me.

8. Willem

Willem Chieftain

World Builder is not a stand alone program that you'll find in the Civ folders. It's built right into the game so you have to start Civ in order to access it.

9. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

And there are many things you can do with it, from changing terrain to looking at and changing the state of diplomacy to looking at what each city in the game has and changing its buildings, name, population, culture, religion and corporation.

10. tomlloyd

tomlloyd Chieftain

My worldbuilder button has disappeared. I think it is because I set a password in "Game Details". Now everytime I go in "Game Details", "Allow Debug Tools" is unticked. I tick it, click ok and then go back in its unticked and I don't have the "Enter Worldbuilder" option.

My other save games are fine but I really need it to work in this one as I'm in the middle of creating a scenario.

Any ideas to fix?