1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV - Fame and Name In Writing for Ainwood

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by deadloss, Nov 28, 2005.

1. deadloss

deadloss Chieftain

I don't know if Ainwood is the only one from our community to achieve his 'name in lights' but he's the only one I've come across so far to get a mention in the Civ IV Official Strategy Guide.

But anyway, congrats on that, Ainwood. :goodjob:

It has got to be pleasing to know that Firaxis/Take Two/2K Games/Brady Games/Infogrames (whoever it was at the time), were so forward-thinking and intelligent enough to consider using guys from websites like CivFanatics to test the game and use their feedback as tips.

Just for the record, the quote I refer to is:

"The resource-visibility toggle makes it much easier to see resources. Otherwise, these might be difficult to spot in some terrains - Ainwood."

Anyone else spot any quotes from our guys in it?

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

:ack: Thanks for posting that - I didn't know those "tips" had actually been included! (although I hope there's better tips in the strategy guide than that one!)

3. deadloss

deadloss Chieftain

Can we expect anyone else's quotes in there but yours Ainwood..?
    Anything from Peanut (and his merry band of Peanuts) or some of the other funny men? :mischief:

4. Sadan01

Sadan01 Conical Flask

Pfeffersack has a quote or three in the guide as well. One I can remember is regarding submarines.

Ainwood has another, and I'll quote:

Makes sense to me! :thumbsup: