Greatest Game

• Yes

Votes: 75 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 77 50.7%

• Total voters

Emperor2

Capitalist Missionary
Would you vote CIV IV as the greatest game in all human history (behind Chess, of course). As far as video games, would you?

SAY YES! :goodjob:

I only vote no because Neverwinter Nights is already the greatest game.. :) Sorry! But Civ IV Is just behind NWN

I have never had a computer game that kept my interest for years. I played Civ III from 2001 all the way until I got Civ IV

For board games I like Chess, Risk and ........Monopoly (I know but I've grown up with it) For PC games I like Command and conquer, the Total War series, Age of Empires etc but in my mind Civ has to take the biscuit. It is the depth, complexity and the whole concept of the game that I like and the fact that I'm not very good at it which strikes the challenge. Also it seems to attract a better class of fanatic!!

If you would omit the IV and state that civilization is the best game ever, then I'd agree....CIV IV is certainly not the best game ever made

No. "Master of Magic" is still the ultimate game for me.

Would you vote CIV IV as the greatest game in all human history (behind Chess, of course). As far as video games, would you?

SAY YES! :goodjob:

As a fanatic I'm biased. Just because it's my hands-down favorite doesn't nescessarily make it the greatest in all human history.

Personally , I thought that the pre- computer board game version of Civilization was an improvement over chess ( the lack of chance in chess makes chess boring to me.)

The greatest game in human history? The Decathalon, perhaps ? Kicking the Dane's head/ football/soccer has a great history, but I think ice hockey was a great improvement on the basic concept.

Cleary Civilization is the greatest game about all of human history.

Go is by far the greatest and deepest game ever invented by human, I think.
I would vote for Civilization 4 as far as video games concerned. :)

Bind Fandom is an illness i suggest you not let get too bad lest ye fail to observe flaws with simples fixes that the master could fix but finds it saves a few cents as it needs not fix them for the blind fan will buy the product anyway.

Everquest, Starcraft, Pool of Radiance...there are many games better than this. I'm not terribly impressed by Civ4.

Heart Of Africa was the best game. It was for commadore 64, I had Zenith (IBM compatible) and Amiga but back then I glady trade both just to play that game.

To many will say no. Not good for a civ fan site. :) You should have asked 'is civ best series ever?'. Im sure some of are members visit other game forums time to time so thats a better question I think.

Nah, it's a good game but not in my top 3 list. Or 10 or twenty for my matter. Civ 3 all the way! :rockon:

I would vote for Civilization 4 as far as video games concerned. :)

This is what I was going to say. It seems absurd to me, as much as I love to play Civ, to call it the greatest game in human history. And why is chess ahead "of course"?

It would help the games favorability in my opinion if.... well alot of things were changed/added

Civ 1:good game had civil wars built right into the game and even could flip forgen citys half way across the planet, i did it in quite a few games so i know what im saying, i think it was based on happyness but im not sure
Civ 2: Traits from civ 1 and the caravans the ability to do a limited resorces link up between citys was cool right along side a more versitile teraforming system (could still use tweaking however) Fundamentalism the civilization form of zerging
Civ 3:the handling of Bombardment from all forms being allowed to wipe out whole citys if one persisted long enough (however a real pain easyer just to walk in and burn it to the ground with footmen) forts were good too
Alpha Centari:the first showing of a multi tiered governing system and the ability to make any new unit out of the little parts you got from diffrant technologys stuff like makeing flying colony pods (didnt need to worry about limited fuel if the city site you wanted was in range just fly there and build while still flying technically, too bad no flying citys however)
Civ 4: Great persons and expanded civics from Alpha Centari, bugger i cant think of anything else for this one

That is a list of my favorite things about the civ games, if you cant tell im not to impressed by civ 4.

I'm new to Civ IV and I love it but its not as good as my ultimate favourite game which was Baldurs Gate and its expansions, NWN is up there too.

I wouldn't go as far as the best game in human history even if just refering to the entire series. As then it has to go up against Final Fantasy, Command and Conquer, Dungeons & Dragons, Halo, and Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six.

Even if you narrowed it down to just strategy series it would have good competition. Although, I think it would make it in the top 3. However, I think it absurd to vote anything in as the best game of human history because it boils down to what you like to play. Personally, I play everything except puzzle games. Some people only play racing games or FPS's. The strategy market is one of the least popular. So if dictated by how many people actually play it, Civ would definatley lose out.

Top Bottom