1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV Hall of Fame Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated - 16 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to @Swordnboard for the highest score of the update with a Tiny, Normal, Immortal, Space Colony game for 325,900 points.

@Kaitzilla was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:

@Kaitzilla - 1300 BC, Standard, Marathon, Deity, Espionage game for 308,271 points.
    @Kaitzilla - 1100 BC, Standard, Marathon, Deity, Espionage game for 248,907 points.
    @WastinTime - 1530 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 233,610 points.

** New Gauntlet Starting **

G-Minor 234 - Domination, Noble, Ancient, Tiny, Quick, Pangaea, (check options)

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

New Number One Entries:
    A number of players gained number one positions:

@Kaitzilla with a 1300 BC, Standard, Marathon, Deity, Espionage game for 308,271 points.
    @WastinTime with a 1530 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 233,610 points.

@Swordnboard with a 1440 AD, Tiny, Normal, Immortal, Space Colony game for 325,900 points.

@Fractal Spiral with a 1295 AD, Standard, Epic, Emperor, Diplomatic game for 31,656 points.
    @WastinTime with a 800 AD, Huge, Quick, Emperor, Religious game for 54,228 points.

@WastinTime with a 560 AD, Huge, Quick, Monarch, Religious game for 42,479 points.

@Donny Viking with a Jan 2050 AD, Tiny, Epic, Prince, Time game for 15,905 points.

@Fractal Spiral with a 1020 AD, Small, Normal, Warlord, Diplomatic game for 18,851 points.
    @Kaitzilla with a 1080 BC, Standard, Normal, Warlord, Religious game for 21,801 points.
    A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):

@Swordnboard with a 1440 AD, Tiny, Normal, Immortal, game for 325,900 points.

@WastinTime with a 1530 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, game for 233,610 points.
    Kaitzilla's 1300 BC, Standard, Marathon, Deity, Espionage game is the best Espionage game ever, eclipsing WastinTime's record from last month by nearly 400 years! Amazing stuff.

3. Noble Zarkon

4. WastinTime

WastinTime Chieftain Supporter

Congrats on the 1300BC Espionage game Kait! Hard work.

Side note: my Huge Deity submissions were all Raging Barbs!

5. WastinTime

Oh, and non-Inca :D

6. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Which has pushed you passed kovacsflo into #1 on the Quattromaster's Table.

Well done :thumbsup::worship::hatsoff:

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  7. WastinTime

Thx for noticing! It was not entirely an accident. I was kinda trying to stir up trouble since the SGotM is delayed, but I was thinking I'd only gain a point, but not pass him. I only submitted one raging huge 100 point game so I didn't expect the big move. I also wanted to tighten up my Inferno score a bit too. Someone should poke Flori, I'm sure he'll regain his crown. @kovacsflo: It's your baby. I have no intention of fighting for it....well...I do have one more submission coming, but that's probably it.

OT: Staff...
    Spoiler :
    btw, something's wonky with the database. If you set it back to July, it's not right. I'm sure I was at least 1 or 2 points behind last update. Or else it is correct now, and it wasn't right last month. I've noticed other anomalies lately if anyone wants to probe deeper.

8. Noble Zarkon

I'm glad someone on staff is paying attention! When the site is redesigned I intend to automate alerts for that kind of stuff!

9. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

@WastinTime

Great work beating Quick, Deity, Huge!
    A military victory on those settings is quite difficult.
    The war windows are microscopic.

10. WastinTime

Thx, yeah, that was a wake up. I thought I'd roll over everyone with maybe Horse Archers as usual, but I went all the way to Military Tradition. I've always heard Cuirassiers are the bomb, but rarely ever go that far up the tree for dom/conquest.
    I was almost left in the dust on the tech tree. Needed tech brokering for sure.