1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV Hall of Fame Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated - 23 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to @Anysense for the highest score of the update with a Tiny, Epic, Deity, Domination game for 436,876 points.

@Anysense was the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:

@Anysense - 980 AD, Small, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 238,891 points.
    @Anysense - 520 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 278,822 points.
    @Anysense - 1000 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, Domination game for 436,876 points.
    @Anysense - 1040 AD, Tiny, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 353,446 points.
    @Anysense - 2050 AD, Standard, Quick, Deity, Time game for 11,316 points.
    @Anysense - 1450 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Diplomatic game for 271,194 points.
    @Major Tom - 1952 AD, Small, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 29,715 points.
    Congratulations to @Major Tom for winning G-Major 161 with a date of 1060AD.

Congratulations to @Anysense for winning G-Minor 226:-

Rank Player Date Score
    1 @Anysense 3240 BC 17,872
    2 @Major Tom 2080 BC 13,504
    3 @ajw2255 540 AD 88,542

** New Gauntlets Starting **

G-Minor 237 - Conquest, Prince, Ancient, Small, Normal, Pangaea, (check options)

G-Major 162 - Any Condition, Warlord, Ancient, Standard, Marathon, Big and Small, (check options)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Anysense likes this.
  2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

New Number One Entries:
    A number of players gained number one positions:

@Anysense with a 1040 AD, Tiny, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 353,446 points.
    @Anysense with a 2050 AD, Standard, Quick, Deity, Time game for 11,316 points.
    @Anysense with a 980 AD, Small, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 238,891 points.

@Swordnboard with a 190 AD, Large, Marathon, Prince, Diplomatic game for 270,100 points.
    @Swordnboard with a 1190 AD, Standard, Normal, Prince, Cultural game for 106,936 points.

@Anysense with a 3240 BC, Tiny, Normal, Noble, Conquest game for 17,872 points.

@Major Tom with a 20 BC, Huge, Epic, Warlord, Conquest game for 47,417 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):

@Anysense with a 1000 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, game for 436,876 points.
    @Anysense with a 1040 AD, Tiny, Normal, Deity, game for 353,446 points.

3. Noble Zarkon

4. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

5. Noble Zarkon

6. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

What is the Rock of Ages event about then?

7. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

It still works. A bit odd that starts other than ancient only count towards that event, meaning that you have to play ancient for Machiavelli. I shudder to think how much time it is going to take, two games from 4000 BC to 2050 AD:crazyeye:

8. Lcpl Jack Jones

Lcpl Jack Jones Chieftain

Hi Guys,

Im trying to do challenge XX game 10.

Ive loaded my start file to check if its valid and I get the attached error.

upload_2019-1-6_13-32-53.png

I have loaded the mods recommended on this site but still get an unrecognized install.

I have attached the save file for this as well.

Can someone either guide me on this thread or PM me with a solution.

many thanks.

9. Noble Zarkon

I've tried to load that game but it just crashes my system, can you start another more simple game and see if it is recognised?

10. Lcpl Jack Jones

Lcpl Jack Jones Chieftain

"Permission to speak Sir?";

Thanx for replying so quick :)

You'll have to bear with me; the technical stuff I get my son to do for me, so he may have a job to do next time he's around :smoke:.

"Don't panic!", the save crashing your system only confirms my thoughts that I have an unauthorized version of the 3.19 patch installed. Although the game runs perfectly on my laptop, I have no problem removing & reinstalling it with the correct patches, all I need from you is where to find them.

Here's a glimpse of the save:

4 gold, 2 clams & stone! cows/elephants are just decoration :lol:

No harm done, if I don't get an entry in Challenge XX I'll be primed for XXI :scan:

11. Dhoomstriker

Dhoomstriker Girlie Builder

@Lcpl Jack Jones: Can you kindly share what version of the game you are using (individual DVDs for each expansion of the game, the Complete edition on DVD, or the Steam version)? For example, if you are using the Steam version, you might want to read the following page: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=steam

It might also help to share your Operating System and any other related steps that you have tried, such as http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

I can't say that I've had the luck of getting such a nice looking start; you don't perhaps have an edited map script file that spreads extra Gold Resources around, do you? ;) :lol:

12. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

No riverside pigs and riverside-PH-wine to settle on?!
    Just keep regenerating! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.