Civ IV Hall of Fame update discussion

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated - 33 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to @Mad2rix for the highest score of the update with a Tiny, Marathon, Immortal, Domination game for 810,049 points.

@Pious_Pete, @Noble Zarkon and @Conquistador 63 were the most active player during this update, submitting 6 games.

No player was brave enough to take on Deity this update.

Gauntlet Updates
Congratulations to @elitetroops for winning G-Minor 253 in 825 AD, this was the only entry as most of us found it quite tough!

** New Gauntlet Starting **

G-Minor 254 - Diplomatic, Monarch, Ancient, Tiny, Normal, Archipelago, (check options)

Last edited:
New Number One Entries:
A number of players gained number one positions:
@elitetroops with a 825 BC, Tiny, Epic, Immortal, Domination game for 211,093 points.
@Pangaea with a 1430 AD, Standard, Epic, Immortal, Space Colony game for 624,378 points.
@Conquistador 63 with a 1650 AD, Small, Quick, Emperor, Espionage game for 42,462 points.
@Conquistador 63 with a 1722 AD, Tiny, Epic, Emperor, Space Colony game for 161,083 points.
@Fractal Spiral with a 1260 AD, Tiny, Quick, Prince, Diplomatic game for 24,844 points.
@Noble Zarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Duel, Normal, Noble, Time game for 20,481 points.
@ZPV with a 1330 AD, Standard, Normal, Noble, Space Colony game for 182,285 points.
@Noble Zarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Duel, Normal, Chieftain, Time game for 20,408 points.
@Noble Zarkon with a 1822 AD, Small, Normal, Chieftain, Espionage game for 20,473 points.
@Pangaea with a 3240 BC, Tiny, Normal, Chieftain, Conquest game for 8,802 points.
A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
@Mad2rix with a 1250 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Immortal, game for 810,049 points.
@Pangaea with a 1430 AD, Standard, Epic, Immortal, game for 624,378 points.
@Noble Zarkon with a 1826 AD, Duel, Normal, Warlord, game for 79,007 points.

G-Maj 172 is heating up! :eek: Was thinking I'd wait until this update to see if I should try going for some high score game, but if it's already over 800k... Probably skipping that attempt.

Congrats @Pangaea on a great space game! I've been eyeballing those epic/mara space slots for a while, they just take so long! Like your 120 hours show. :crazyeye:
Congratulations to @elitetroops for winning G-Minor 253 in 825 AD, this was the only entry as most of us found it quite tough!
BC. ;) Shame there were no other entries, was an interesting lesson in domination with too much land. It could have been a lot faster if I hadn't been waaaay too paranoid about the future state of the economy, mainly because I remembered several STRIKE mechanics all wrong. Should have read up on those before starting the game. :blush:

G-Maj 172 is heating up! :eek: Was thinking I'd wait until this update to see if I should try going for some high score game, but if it's already over 800k... Probably skipping that attempt.

Congrats @Pangaea on a great space game! I've been eyeballing those epic/mara space slots for a while, they just take so long! Like your 120 hours show.
Thanks. I was pleased with that game, although it can certainly be improved (as almost all slots can). I'm a notoriously slow player, though, so don't take my hours for the normal. I like to peek around the place too much, look at stats and whatnot, and check all cities every turn for pretty much the whole game, even if it's largely a waste most of the time I reckon. Simply a habit.

Was on top of G-Major 172 until now with that 624k game, but Mad2rix blew me out of the water. Do have another game half-played, but that one won't even match my own score. But since we could apparently record two games this time, I wanted to try, and tick off one more leader. Marathon and/or Sushi is needed to get upwards of a million points I think, and that is certainly way too slow for my liking. Swapped over to playing G-Major 173 for now, and wanted to have a crack at BOTM 200 too, but I do want to complete the 'other' game I have going for GM-172 as well. We'll see. All my games take forever! :lol:

Congratulations to @Conquistador 63 for EQM. That's a mighty fine achievement.

Edit: Hahaha, OMG. That 800+k game of 550 turns was played in under 5:30 hours. I'd probably be at 2000BC by then :lol: Truly shows that I'm an absolute tortoise compared to most others :sad: Would be able to complete more than 1-2 games per update if I wasn't so darn slow. Maybe EQM before year 2034 too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom