Civ IV HOF Update Discussion Thread

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 25 games were accepted since the previous update, the latest Gauntlet spawning a number of enthusiastic entries both to itself and to related slots.

Congratulations to @nocho for the highest score of the update with a Tiny, Epic, Monarch, Space Colony game for 174132 points.

@Dhoomstriker was the most active player during this update, submitting 14 games.

Only one player was brave enough to take on Deity this update:

@neilmeister - 1754 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 44134 points.
Congratulations to @Dhoomstriker for winning G-Major 152 with a conquest victory on t18. This was a popular gauntlet with 7 players trying their hand at it.

** New Gauntlet Starting **

G-Major 153 - Cultural, Monarch, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Ice Age, (check options)

New #1s

A number of players gained number one positions:

@Dhoomstriker with a 1380 AD, Tiny, Normal, Emperor, Cultural game for 109773 points.

@nocho with a 1724 AD, Tiny, Epic, Monarch, Space Colony game for 174132 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3560 BC, Duel, Normal, Prince, Conquest game for 23924 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3280 BC, Tiny, Normal, Prince, Conquest game for 21615 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3820 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Prince, Conquest game for 20448 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 1880 BC, Small, Normal, Prince, Conquest game for 37600 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3725 BC, Duel, Epic, Prince, Conquest game for 19602 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 2680 BC, Tiny, Quick, Prince, Conquest game for 27583 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3595 BC, Small, Marathon, Prince, Conquest game for 30299 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 1900 BC, Small, Quick, Prince, Conquest game for 38674 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3340 BC, Duel, Quick, Prince, Conquest game for 28576 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3700 BC, Tiny, Epic, Prince, Conquest game for 18868 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3075 BC, Small, Epic, Prince, Conquest game for 35592 points.

@NobleZarkon with a 3120 BC, Tiny, Normal, Warlord, Conquest game for 13541 points.
A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):

@nocho with a 1724 AD, Tiny, Epic, Monarch, game for 174132 points.

Sparked by the latest Gauntlet quick Conquest victories were very popular this time round!

Thanks go out to the staff for continuing to support the HOF! :goodjob:

I did enjoy the Major Gauntlet with its deceivingly simple format of a very-quick-to-play game but where playing many such games was actually required to get a decent result.

Thanks and hi back to you, Pangaea. I started treating each HOF record as a numerical puzzle to be cracked, with different game settings and a different playing style often being required to beat each record's variant of Speed, Map Size, Difficulty Level, etc.

The HOF provides a nice way to normalize games across of time and space. I believe that every game which I have submitted for the HOF is beatable, which is how I believe that it should be, so that there will always be ways for determined people to improve upon existing records. :)

It has also been a pleasure to participate in what has clearly been a "one-up-person-ship" for some of the HOF records, in that each new #1 record slightly pushes the previous submission a bit farther, requiring a slightly even better game (one recent submission of mine took a #1 spot by just 5 points, after I completed 4 victorious games with the same settings which each fell short by a few points).

Just because a record has stood for 10+ years doesn't mean that others cannot come in and one-up it, thereby challenging those who have held those records for so long to come back out of the woodwork. ;)

Thanks go out to the staff for continuing to support the HOF! :goodjob:

I did enjoy the Major Gauntlet with its deceivingly simple format of a very-quick-to-play game but where playing many such games was actually required to get a decent result.
Thanks for your kind words, they are very much appreciated.

Hey, I completely missed this! I actually made it to the HOF tables! I guess I can safely retire now from civ. :mischief:

New #1s

A number of players gained number one positions:

@Dhoomstriker with a 1380 AD, Tiny, Normal, Emperor, Cultural game for 109773 points.

@nocho with a 1724 AD, Tiny, Epic, Monarch, Space Colony game for 174132 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3560 BC, Duel, Normal, Prince, Conquest game for 23924 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3280 BC, Tiny, Normal, Prince, Conquest game for 21615 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3820 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Prince, Conquest game for 20448 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 1880 BC, Small, Normal, Prince, Conquest game for 37600 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3725 BC, Duel, Epic, Prince, Conquest game for 19602 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 2680 BC, Tiny, Quick, Prince, Conquest game for 27583 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3595 BC, Small, Marathon, Prince, Conquest game for 30299 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 1900 BC, Small, Quick, Prince, Conquest game for 38674 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3340 BC, Duel, Quick, Prince, Conquest game for 28576 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3700 BC, Tiny, Epic, Prince, Conquest game for 18868 points.

@Dhoomstriker with a 3075 BC, Small, Epic, Prince, Conquest game for 35592 points.

@NobleZarkon with a 3120 BC, Tiny, Normal, Warlord, Conquest game for 13541 points.
A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):

@nocho with a 1724 AD, Tiny, Epic, Monarch, game for 174132 points.

Sparked by the latest Gauntlet quick Conquest victories were very popular this time round!

Time to sing the Dhoom song!

Top Bottom