Civ IV HOF Update Discussion

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated - 10 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to @Kaitzilla for the highest score of the update with a Large, Epic, Deity, Space Colony game for 606,809 points.

@Fractal Spiral was the most active player during this update, submitting 2 games.

Only 3 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:

@fizbankovi - 1838 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 142,190 points.
@Kaitzilla - 1445 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Space Colony game for 606,809 points.
@Pious_Pete - 1800 AD, Small, Quick, Deity, Cultural game for 25,491 points.​

New Number One Entries:
A number of players gained number one positions:

@Noble Zarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Small, Marathon, Prince, Time game for 44,538 points.

@iggymnrr with a 480 AD, Small, Marathon, Settler, Space Colony game for 276,313 points.

First of all thank you for organising and running HoF.

New QM/EQMs

No mew QM/EQMs were gained this month.
Will there ever be new QuattroMasters?
The Machiavelli slot is impossible for many BtS players due to space race condition. (Somehow Vanilla and Warlords do not work on computer.)

There was some hints in the past that QM with BtS filter was planned. Will it ever be?

There was some hints in the past that QM with BtS filter was planned. Will it ever be?
Thanks for the reminder - yes this is still planned, will progress and try and have ready before Christmas.

It seems that logs and histograms for many games are still unavailable.
I suspect this was a Server error and it appears to be ok now.

Also some files downloaded produce runtime errors including games submitted in prior update.
I'm seeing this too but not consistently, from the latest update I can open my submissions and the one from Thlypsis but not the one from Kaitzilla. Can some of you test this out and see which ones you can open please.

I suspect this was a Server error and it appears to be ok now.

I'm seeing this too but not consistently, from the latest update I can open my submissions and the one from Thlypsis but not the one from Kaitzilla. Can some of you test this out and see which ones you can open please.

Pretty sure I opened a couple of mine a month or two ago. I tested at least one of them when this happened and it didn't open. So the same file(s) both worked and didn't.

We've worked out what the problem is and why it is only affecting some games - both the failure to open old games and data not showing on the web pages have the same root cause. It will take us a few days to fix.

We've worked out what the problem is and why it is only affecting some games - both the failure to open old games and data not showing on the web pages have the same root cause. It will take us a few days to fix.
Everything should be working OK now, please let us know if you see any issues.

Top Bottom