Civ IV HOF Update Discussion

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated - 21 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to @Anysense for the highest score of the update with a Duel, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1,050,473 points - this is the first time anyone has beaten the 1m points barrier on a Duel map - an amazing achievement.

@Walter_Wolf was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:

@Anysense - 1085 AD, Duel, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1,050,473 points.
@sossos - 1720 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 133,106 points.

** New Gauntlet Starting **

G-Minor 249 - Space Colony, Immortal, Ancient, Tiny, Epic, Hemispheres, (check options)

New Number One Entries:
A number of players gained number one positions:

@Anysense with a 1085 AD, Duel, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1,050,473 points.

@Walter_Wolf with a 930 AD, Large, Epic, Emperor, Domination game for 344,903 points.

@boogaboo with a 1165 AD, Duel, Marathon, Noble, Space Colony game for 242,649 points.

@Noble Zarkon with a 1285 AD, Huge, Marathon, Settler, Espionage game for 32,001 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):

@Anysense with a 1085 AD, Duel, Marathon, Deity, game for 1,050,473 points.

New QM/EQMs

Many hearty congratulations to @Lazybones for becoming an Elite Quatrromaster at the Immortal level, joining only 10 other players and coming in at the 7th position.

Congratulations also to @Walter_Wolf for becoming our 72nd Quattromaster, ranking an amazing 10th!

:thumbsup: :king:

Last edited:
Khm khm

Errrr... I became a quattromaster this update also.

Been working on that (from time to time) for almost a decade.

Blessed quarantine

Errrr... I became a quattromaster this update also.
Oh I am so sorry, the report didn't highlight that properly :-(

Many congratulations - post updated.

2 new QMs/EQMs in one month - must be lockdown giving people time I guess!

Last edited:
Thanks NZ, much appreciated. It took me a while but I'm glad I finally finished it :lol:. Now I'm trying to work up the courage to play Deity haha.

Actually, looking at it, Anysense's record is monumental :)

Actually, looking at it, Anysense's record is monumental :)

This game will certainly be a monument to stupidity. I researched Astronomy before Medicine forgetting that you only need Optics, which delayed Sushi by 5 turns. Entered strike only after finishing corporation spreading, ought to have done it a few turns earlier but that would require some careful planning. Building the spaceship was a complete mess. I went as far as using prewhipped Broadway (or was it Rock'n'Roll?) and the Apostolic Palace for overflow but forgot to finish them at the right time. Along with other mistakes it cost me further 2 turns. And the crowning jewel - I forgot to launch my spaceship! The whole final stage from AL to launch was played in a few hours, in one long panic attack - two out of three previous games were murdered by power shortages at this stage and another fell victim of odd behaviour by Steam.

Funny how this game turned out to be the best of the four in spite of being played so sloppily. Probably, refined early phase had its effect, and Big&Small seems to be better than Terra on smaller map sizes because it has much more food, in particular it has more Sushi resources.

I don't think there are games without mistakes, but yes, you seem to have shot yourself once or twice ;)
One thing I'm still fighting with - how do you manage happiness with Sushi?
Besides Globe theater, I can think of either many religions with temples and free religion, or sliding the culture bar a bit, which needs a certain kind of kingdom...
Currently I'm prone to the temples, but I still have to halt some cities from growing at the end..

One thing I'm still fighting with - how do you manage happiness with Sushi?

Just hire scientists when a city hits happy cap. Most of my cities get stuck at size 19-20 and don't work any tiles, only scientists and engineers in those cities that lack :science: multipliers. There is no point in growing further, anyway. The bpt is already 7000-10000 and the game ends pretty quickly, so there is no time to benefit from extra population.

Thanks. Most my cities do have all the science multipliers (besides academy), but I know how to revert some to scientists, just thought perhaps there's something I can use to grow more :)

EDIT : Hold on... how come you played 5 opponents on a duel map and that is ok??
The rules say max 2 opponents on duel :O

Last edited:
Nice game Anysense. Fusion is only 31k on a deity duel? Cheap. Julius was an interesting choice.

Can't live without organized, especially on Duel where the maintenance goes up very fast and failgold is very limited, and cheap lighthouses come in handy in all those island cties. Can't live without imperialistic either. With non-imperialistic leader settlers are expensive, with imperialistic - every settler is an easy 3-pop whip and at least 200:gold:. That would be something on a large map where I would build over 100 settlers. Praetorians are kind of irrelevant but they will really shine on larger maps, where there is a lot to conquer with them.

Top Bottom