Civ IV Mods Not Working in Multiplayer / LAN

Jpinter

Chieftain
Hey guys,

I've been a long time fan of the Civ Fanatics forums. Hoping you guys can help me out with something.

My friend and I used to be able to play Civ IV mods on LAN, but for the last year or two, we can't get them to work. The game doesn't appear in the lobby.

Both our versions of the game are on Steam now. Which is probably the issue. Just wondering if anyone knows of a work around so we can play History Rewritten, History in the Making, VIP, Caveman to Cosmos, etc on LAN or Multiplayer.

Thanks!

Hey Jpinter - you have multiple posting of the same issue. I addressed this earlier recommending that you post over in the MP forum. I"m sure someone there will know how to get it to work in steam. (posting in an old thread is probably not advisable..start your own....title like this but include "Steam Version" in parens. Or better yet, I can request this thread be moved.

I use steam but don't play MP. My understanding is the difference to the original Steam version was to setup MP on their system. LAN though is something different so I don't have an answer for that one. I suspect you need the beta version of Steam to work with mods regardless as most don't work with the original Steam version.

Moderator Action: Moved to MP forum in hope they can help you! --NobleZarkon

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom