Civ IV: Rise of Empires (expansion)

Ok I downloaded 3.5 but it doesn't load, I have a vista if that matters/helps. I have the latest Beyond the Sword patch.

I have start a party i have some problem.

I dont success to declare the war to a civilization. I have a message when i put my mouseon the civilization : impossible to declare the war
bug ? or new concept of this mod ?

I have also a weird thing i have an option :
type SHIFT + ALT to prepare war

someone can help me ?

And my apologize for my english :p

edit : now if I use the button "show score" I am alone, the other civilization does not appaer...

I just finished my first game using this mod and REALLY like it. Great job!
One thing that I couldn´t figure out though:
The ressourse "Titanium": After discovering it and resarching all the required techs in the late game I have it in my territory, have a mine and railroad built on the correct square, and yet I do not get the ressource. I actually had to trade my vassal for it, only then did it actually show up in my cities. Any ideas why that is?

I am having a similar problem. Only I don't have a vassal to steal it from.

Hi seasnake.
I posted a thread in the C&C forum earlier, asking how to get the Abandon City - Raze City mod to work with RoE.

Balydr downloaded the mods, and did the merge for me. He (she?) found some errors while working on it, and posted the Python debug messages in my thread. See post #16 specifically.

I don't know if what Balydr found is of any relevance, or not, but I thought I'd drop you a line and let you know about it anyway.

First off let me say, while late to the party, I really enjoy this mod :)

It is simply fantastic and really something to behold.

Cheers and well done mates.

I am having one slight issue (aside from the spam Enslaved Unit thing as well as it occasionally asking me if I want to change my capital to another Civs city) once I get into the more tech era (around gunpowder) I sporadically get "runtime errors" that cashes out Civ.

I save every round now, though sometimes it will play for 5 turns before crashing, other times only 1.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks and again, fantastic mod so far :)

I don't know how else to get in touch with seasnake so here's my thread:

I've tested (not yet played) your mods Through the Ages and Rise of Empires 3.5 . In the Civlopedia, Brennus' (Celtic Empire dude) armor is now pink:confused: This doesn't happen in regular BTS, so I'm wondering if there is a fix or if this is on purpose for some reason.

Another question I'd like to ask is if there is any way to merge the two mods.

I appreciate any sort of response.

Welcome to the Forum! :D :D :D

Well, generally when something is pine, it means that the software can't find a certain file, in this case the armor texture file.

About your other question, I don't know these mods, but I imagine that it woud be hard to merge these mods without significant modding knowledge.

All of my modding through Rise of Empires, until Glory and Greatness, was an experiment on my own assets, not custom assets or mod assets. This was very bad technique, because you don't know what changes you've made all the time and what files are necessary or not. Unless you are carefully tracking each change you've altered your core game irrevocably, and you'll have to uninstall and reinstall your files (which I did several times until I got smarter).

Also Through the Ages, I think, is just an earlier version of Rise of Empires, Rise of Empires 3.5 is the top evolution of an VERY early mod called the World is Yours, which became Through the Ages!, which led to Rise of Empires. This means that scattered throughout all of Rise of Empires are several pieces of Through the Ages. They may have different names, better (in my opinion) artwork, no longer actually implement in game, or have just been adopted. But it's all in there somewhere. However, it's a mess!

So I'm not sure what features exist in Through the Ages that are missing in Rise of Empires, per se, so I don't know who how merging them would help. Further, each uses different custom DLL and so I'd need to talk to Asaf again (and frankly I'm waiting spring a bigger project on him for later).

In short, merging them would be very difficult and possibly not beneficial. BUT there may be a way to help you get what you want, nonetheless.

So here's what I propose, after that long-winded introduction:

I will post a fix for Brennus here tomorrow night so his armor isn't pink. Second, If you will tell me what exactly you feel Rise of Empires is missing that was better implemented in Through the Ages I see about fixing it so that Rise of Empires reflects that idea. I need to do a re-release of Rise of Empires, probably in March, that cleans it up and bug-shoots things. So just tell me what Rise of Empires lacks that you feel Through the Ages did well, and I work on that.

I've written a long post because I'm sorry I've been out of touch on this, and feel like you deserve a thought-out answer. I appreciate your enthusiasm on this and would like to get it going. It's just Glory and Greatness has been a substantial project and has eating all of my modding time, so I've been out of it for a while.

Further, each uses different custom DLL and so I'd need to talk to Asaf again (and frankly I'm waiting spring a bigger project on him for later).

Thanks for the heads up... :p

At the moment, I still haven't played a game in either Through the Ages or Rise of Empires, all I've look through the civlopedia, particularly the leaders. I noticed that Nelson Mandela was in TtA, and not RoE. That's realy the only request at this point, since it would be fun to play as him in RoE. Use him to nuke everyone, the same way people like to play with Gandhi. And don't take that too seriously, I've seen several vids and comments from people doing that kind of thing on youtube.

So yeah, Nelson Mandela in RoE, please.

Okay, that can be done. I'll wrap up the Brennus fix in that project as well, since it will impact similar files/folder.

Alright, but my only question is what leader should I cut? Currently in Rise of Empires there is one leader for every trait in the game (including the new ones) so who should get the axe in Mandela's favor?

The other option is to create 14 new leaders and 1 new trait, but that will take a long time to fix. So if you want Mandela I just need to know who I am kicking out. Phillip and Henrique could be cut, or Meiji. But if you want my suggestion, let's cut Ben Gurion. His Artwork is the weakest and his traits, Organized/Resourceful, are very appropriate for Mandela.

Oh and Asaf (pulls out coin on a string and begins swinging it) you didn't see anything...you're getting sleepy...you remember nothing...nothing...

Sure, cut Ben Gurion. I'm sure he was a great guy, but the way he was animated looked a little weird, with the strange head and chin movement.

Another small, more minute problem I noticed was that after Paris of Troy does his 'intro' animation, the background shifts, as in it moves, a little.

Also, let me mention my thanks for still caring enough about this mod to address these issues, and for providing this mod in the first place. IMHO, one of the best Civ 4 mods out there :goodjob: . RoE was the first mod I discovered on Civfanatics. For that, you get :trophy: !

Also, Hirohito is my favorite of your added leaderheads. He looks SO AWESOME and SO WONDERFULLY DETAILED!

Top Bottom