Civ IV: Rise of Empires (expansion)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by seasnake, May 22, 2010.

1. Horde

Horde Chieftain

Must just be my computer as I tried another mod and it did not work either. Oh well :(

2. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

Horde, that stinks!

Question, do you have normal discs or Steam BTS? Because I've heard that can make a difference with loading mods. But I'm not an expert, I don't have Steam BTS.

3. Horde

Horde Chieftain

I don't think so it looks just like a standard Civ4 Complete disk to me :badcomp:

4. Crispin

Crispin Chieftain

This mod would be great with a huge world map, any chance I could make that happen ?

5. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

To Crispin: I haven't fooled around with that too much, I like having completely random worlds so I can really explore it. But the mod is set up to allow public maps, so it should be fine if you can get a huge map of the earth. It has a larger map size included for the base game.

To Horde: You might want to post in the main Creation/Customization forum, telling them your problems. There are some great guys there that really know their stuff, wait a day and you can usually get a good answer.

6. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

seasnake, I would like to try out your mod as it sounds great, but it refuses to open for me in 7-zip for one reason as an archive. Is it possible you could upload it under a different format?

7. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

P A U L, are you saying you cannot unzip the 7-Zip file? Use Winrar, it's available free online. If that doesn't work, I can try making it a .rar file for you, but again, it unzips with winrar so in theory it should be the same problem.

8. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

It can't unzip in WinRar either, or WinZip for that matter. I tried downloading it multiple times, but apparently the archive is unreadable for me.

9. Yared

Yared That Guy

Winrar worked for me.

10. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

I figured out why I can't use the archive. Apparently for some reason filefactory refuses to let me download the entire file in any browser and I can't figure out why as I've never used this download provider before. Apparently it works for everybody else but I can't download the entire mod from filefactory.

11. ancares

ancares Chieftain

Is necessary BTs 3.19 to play this mod?

12. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

I'm 95% sure it is.

13. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

P A U L: Would it help you to try a different file hosting place, then? I can look around and find another host (probably not until Thursday or Friday, though).

TO Everyone: Any bugs? Any complaints? Any suggestions? I'm going to consider releasing RoE 2.0 if there's enough reasons to release a new version.

14. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

It is currently set to work with 3.19, but I THINK it may work with 3.17. IF anyone does play it with 3.17, let me know so I can add that to the front post.

15. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

seasnake, I think Filefactory might not of been working because my internet was being slow at the time of that post. I'll try again and report back my results.

Although, I think this is going on because it terminates the filefactory download session before I finish downloading. It would be great if you could find a different host, but I'm trying to work it out on my own.

16. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

Okay, it's impossible for me to download the file from filefactory. Could you upload it to filebeam or mediafire or somewhere else?

17. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

To PAUL: Alright, I'll PM you when there's a second link available. Give me til Saturday though, I have a very busy two days ahead of me.

18. P A U L

P A U L Chieftain

Thanks a lot for the help seasnake. BTW: On Friday I'm leaving until Monday, so I'll probably take a while to respond to your PM.

19. blitzkrieg1980

blitzkrieg1980 Octobrist

Having big problems with this one.

1) Downloaded 310MB from FileFactory ---- OKAY

2) Tried to extract using WinRAR to MODS folder in Beyond the Sword folder ---NO GOOD

(WinRAR diagnostic came up with over 7500 errors)

3) Tried to extract using WinRAR to Documents folder --- OKAY

4) Copied Rise of Empires folder to MODS in Beyond the Sword folder --- OKAY

5) Rise of Empires shows up in the MOD list in Beyond the Sword, so I tried to open it ---NO GOOD

(Beyond the Sword closed down to reopen with the MOD like it usually does, but nothing loads up and after a few minutes, Vista gives me the message that the program is no longer working and is shutting down).

I tried deleting it and reinstalling it a few times, then I tried re-downloading it. Always I'm getting the same result. Any advice?

20. Toys®Us

Toys®Us Warlord

I used GetRight to download the MOD. It loads after 55 seconds on my machine. (XP)
    Possible to use the "Gigantic" map too!
    Resolution 1920x1200 pixels

:lol:

No problem to extract with WinRAR.

(Average computer): 3.5 GHz Athlon single core, 2GB RAM DDR, no Swap File...
    ASUS ENGT240 1GB GDDR3 Video Card...