Civ IV still rocks

Chazcon

Prince
I heard this again recently and it still give me chills. I love Civ IV so much and still play it regularly. There is something special about Civ IV, I played II and II but refuse to play V lol. I play my ChazMod for BtS that is still only 75% completed, I tell myself I should finish it and post it here. Anyway, CIV IV ROCKS! even in 2016 and I leave you with this to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17svtURunUk

That is cool, thanks for posting.

Paris, France, you know I have played Civ IV since launch, I've played thousands of games. I have always played France and Louis XIV. Never have I played any other country or leader lol! Not once!

So have I. I've pllayed it since its launch and still o it every now and then. After reading the comments on this website and seeing the game at my friend's I've never even considered buying CIV V.
CIV IV(I play Warlords) expantion (shame it's got different theme tune) as it's the most civ-like game of the series and they changed the need to built and built cities. Love it!!!

That is cool, thanks for posting.

Paris, France, you know I have played Civ IV since launch, I've played thousands of games. I have always played France and Louis XIV. Never have I played any other country or leader lol! Not once!
Why's that? Because of his attributes?

because... Vive la France!

because... Vive la France!

Why would you play the epitome of the Ancien Regime instead of Napoleon or De Gaulle, who actually did something for the people?

When I was visiting Washington DC last summer, I stumbled on the US Navy Orchestra singing this in the street. It gave me chills!

Link to video.

This made me speechless. It's the most amazing thing I've seen, and only when I looked up "Baba Yetu" and "Wiki" and when reading the text I realized, that Baba Yetu has the text of the Lord's Prayer. If this Orchestra performs this song and that in such high quality and if CIV has the Lord's Prayer as the theme music and we all know how many other parts of CIV are so amazing that it needs years to only understand, what would be a clearer sign that this game got loved?

For glory, tights and fraises ? Isn't that what France is all about ?
Napoleon ranked pretty high but De Gaulle had no fun, not even wigs...

Those curls...

Honestly though, I love France, my historical home, and the traits that France/Louis XIV brings to Civ4 are my favorites.

Last night there was a big discount sale on Civ BE over at Steam. I refused to purchase it, particularly since the majority of reviews on Steam were horrendous for it.. (and I was not surprised).

obsolete said:
Last night there was a big discount sale on Civ BE over at Steam. I refused to purchase it, particularly since the majority of reviews on Steam were horrendous for it.. (and I was not surprised).

I really have no interest whatever in BE. I actually got to the point the other day where I kind of liked the idea of playing civ V, maybe, but then when it came to it I just started up IV instead.

The fact it's on steam would also mean I don't want to play it. Even if it was actually worth playing :D

We can always hope 6 will be better. If not, there will always be 4 :)

Top Bottom