Civ IV Traits VP

Padre19

Warlord
I continued this idea

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/poll-civ-iv-traits-in-vp.619942/

and i did this way.
=================================================================

In the first turns of the game each civilization gets random bonus trait.
Requires Vox Populi and Event System enabled

==================================================================

-- :c5war: Aggressive: +10% Combat Strength when attacking. +5% Unit Supply from Population. +1 Golden Age Point from Barrack. [Begins with a free spearman.

-- :c5strength: Protective:+3 City Strength Defense . +10% Combat Strength when defending. +1 Golden Age Point from Wall. When chosen begin with an archer.

-- :c5food: Expansive: +1 Food from Well/Watermill. +1 Population in all Cities. +1 Golden Age Point from Aqueduct. Begin with a pathfinder.

-- :c5production: Industrious: Gain 5 Production for building buildings scaling upon era. -10% maintenance costs for buildings.+1 Golden Age Point from Forge. Begin with 50 Production in the Capital.

-- :c5gold: Commercial: Cities generate +1 Gold. 5% of Gold Purchases is converted into Golden Age Points. City Connections generate +1% Gold per City. +1 Golden Age Point from Caravansary. Begin with a free market.

-- :c5science: Enlightened: 10% of Production is converted into Science every turn. Research Tech faster when have DOF with another civ. +1 Golden Age Point from Library. Begin with a free council.

-- :c5culture: Creative: +10% Border Growth in all cities. Guilds provide +10% Culture. +1 Golden Age Point from Amphitheater. Begin with a free 10 Culture.

-- :c5happy: Charismatic: WLTKD for 10 turns in newly-acquired Cities. -10% Unhappiness. +1 Golden Age Point from Colosseum. Begin with an additional WLTKD for 20 turns in the Capital. Extends the length of We Love The King Day by 25%.

-- :c5greatperson: Philosophical: +10% Great Person Generation. Great People Improvements and Gardens generate +1 Golden Age Points.+3 Great Person Points (GPP) towards a random Great Person and increase the rate of this Great Person acquisition with 10 % in Capital.

-- :c5faith: Spiritual: +1 Faith to Shrine. +1 to all City Yields for every World Religion that has at least 1 follower in the city. +1 Golden Age Point from Temple. Begin with a free shrine.

-- :c5influence: Diplomatic: +15 Diplomatic Opinion with all Major Civilizations and Influence with City-States decreases 15% slower. +1 Paper. +2 Golden Age Point from Chanceries.

===========================================================================

Attachments

• Civ IV Traits VP (v 9).zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
-- :c5greatperson: Philosophical: Receive a free Great Person of choice(Engineer/Artist/Scientist/Merchant/General/Admiral only). +15% Great Person Generation. Great People Improvements and Gardens generate +2 Golden Age Points.
This one looks a bit OP regarding what the others offer

-- :c5war: Aggressive: Units trained receive +10 XP. +5% Unit Supply from Population. +1 Golden Age Point from Barrack. Begins with a free spearman.
-- :c5strength: Protective: +4 City Strength Defense. Units in cities will always heal 5 points per turn regardless of actions taken. +1 Golden Age Point from Wall. Begin with an archer.
Why not with a unique and dedicated promo to make them really aggressive/protective

-- :c5gold: Commercial: Cities generate +2 Gold. 5% of Gold Purchases is converted into Golden Age Points. City Connections generate +1% Gold per City. +1 Golden Age Point from Caravansary. Begin with a free market.
2 golds + market. That a lot of gold from the beginning

I'm not sure, I didn't try any of them yet :mischief:
Looks very exiting. Thx

EDIT : The name "Civ IV traits" sounds confusing IMO

So..10 turns and nothing changed. Where i see the additional traits?

edit: my bad, all good now.

Edit2: no, not good. i got a "unable to load eyeforeye.dds" after my trait apears and a box whit a red square inside lol

Last edited:
So..10 turns and nothing changed. Where i see the additional traits?

edit: my bad, all good now.

Edit2: no, not good. i got a "unable to load eyeforeye.dds" after my trait apears and a box whit a red square inside lol

should works with the version 2.( first post in this thread)

I was kind of hoping the trait list was more refined if it was randomly selected(would mean less RNG synergy)... but I have a bad distaste with the diplomatic modifier since that should only be reserved for the Diplomatic trait anyway.

Is there a way to know what opponents got?

Let's pretend you make the answer :)
Civ5Screen0204.png

try the new version
It works. Thx very much Papa :)

Do you plan to go further with this mod?
  • A simple entry in civilopedia that show all traits could be great...
  • Event arts could be nice...
  • What the point to give out :c5goldenage: to everyone?
Edit : Dependency on (7) Community Events !?
Code:
    <Mod id="ef8387f0-b053-4c84-90ce-c3c5cb21a580" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="(7) Community Events" />

Last edited:
Why is it random? If I pick Zulu, I don't want Enlightened, Spiritual, etc. so why even use this if there's way higher chance you're going to get something that has nothing to do with your desired win condition?

Even if you can pick, I'd say a lot of these are pretty OP and the GAP unnecessary for every trait. Still, good work!

Why is it random?
I take this mod as a game changer. I like it
Random makes the civs slightly different every time. Unpredictable. It fits my play style. Maybe not yours.
The GAPs for each trait and some other aspects could be discussed, I agree.

What about to tie them to some achievments or buildings,projects ? Like clearing barb camp gets you aggresive ? Or Add some wonder that build gives you x trait ?

This is a cool idea. I think the best way to deal with randomness would be to generate 2 or 3 options, and then let the player choose one of those.

Diplomatic, Creative and Charismatic seem a lot weaker than the others.
If you only roll a single option, Philosophical is probably the best because any empire can find a way to make it useful (I'm Zulu, I could build a manufactory immediately to build an army more quickly).

So far I got Charismatic and Philosophical.

Charismatic is not that bad but WLTKD length should be doubled to feel the gain (10 and 30). The GAP is pertinent here.
Philosophical is too much. I picked a scientist to make the improvement. What a good start! And a lot of GAP all a long the game.

Top Bottom