Civ leaders who are easy to crush in single player.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by akillias, Sep 14, 2008.

1. akillias

akillias Prince

and who are they???

2. Siesta Guru

Siesta Guru Prince

That is if they attack you... Just let them be till their UUs are getting obsolete, mansa and the egyptians dont seem that aggressive to me.

3. PaulusIII

PaulusIII Unholy Warlord

If you end up in a pre-medieval with Egypt, yes.

Yet, I think that's unlikely. In my experience the Egyptian leaders are unlikely to start a war with War Chariots. Both are not overly aggressive and too busy spamming wonders (particularly Ramesses) to declare war.

That's why I said 'once they are out of play'. Both Hatty and Ramesses do not build enough troops to actually defend those wonders.

4. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

If you have a good road system set up neither war chariots or immortal are a problem on defense when facing the AI since it's too stupid to systematically pillage your communications to hamstring your spearmen and on city defense with CR promotions axes will still kill them.

Cyrus has two war traits and fast settler spams though so he can be a real bother unless your first attack is devastating.

5. J-man

J-man Deity

I've never seen Willem van Oranje building enough military. Therefor he is easy to crush thought he is cultural.

6. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

Saladin has always been a complete stiff in my games.

7. Molon Labe

Molon Labe I committed the faux pas.

I think the original question is too vague. There isn't a single civ I haven't crushed at one point or another in a game. Some are easier than others, but Ghandi can be a major problem if he's teching with resources. If Cyrus starts with horses in his BFC and I have no metal he can be quite a headache. Similarly if Caesar is next door and there's no iron for miles, he's a cake walk.

8. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

The low defense guys are easy to see from the xml. The standard low military guys, ghandi, willem, darius, asoka etc...

9. JTMacc99

JTMacc99 That's a paddlin'

Some are easy to crush early, and some are easy crush late. It's actually a lot easier to kill off Willem early in the game than just about anybody else. However, if he's somewhere else in the world and you're not ready to go after him until sometime around combustion, it's a whole new ballgame. By that point, he'll be teching fast, experiencing a giant increase in production and will probably have about 30 destroyers patrolling the seas.

On the other hand, if you want to kill off the Native Americans, there is almost always a period of time when you can launch a stack of cannons, some sort of mounted unit (immunity to first strikes being the key) and Grens/Rifles against his beautiful peaceful cities protected by longbows. For me, this almost always happens with Sitting Bull, and I now find myself leaving him alone until I can pretty much double the size of my empire in 20 turns by being prepared to take advantage of that opportunity.

Late in the game is the time to wipe out a separate-continent Monty (if he were on my continent, he would have been dealt with at his convenience, not mine.) While he WILL have many, many units, he will be defending his cities against my tanks with rifles at best, and more likely, crossbows and knights.

10. tempuraki

tempuraki Warlord

Zara gets my vote. In my last emperor game, I was happy crushing everyone else with cavalries and infantries, and then with tanks. Then I realized that while i was out warmongering, Zara sat quietly on another continent, grabbed a nice 23% of the land and a good tech lead, with advanced flight! Since I had to take on him to win by domination (the only other remaining target has defense pact with Zara), and I did have a few mech infantries in service, I declared war on both AIs and expected to see my stack of tanks to come under heavy fire by Zara's stack of airships.

Never happened. I saw about 5 airships the rest of the game, and his biggest stack is no more than 15 units, mostly pre-rifle. I was really disappointed. I mean, to be fair, I didn't exactly crush him (didn't have to, i captured 3 of his cities, sued for peace, then crushed the other, more backward AI instead), but still, with any other AI, given the similar lead, my 20 tanks would be gone like that.

11. Sashimi917

Sashimi917 Chieftain

Huayna Capec is an easy prey, he likes building wonders and his UU warrior which is the food of axemen.