1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Civ of the Week: Georgia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, Aug 20, 2018.

Tags:
?

Who should be next weeks Civ?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2018.
  1. China

32.5%
  2. Mongolia

12.5%
  3. Poland

47.5%
  4. Let’s do Rome again (because I didn’t get enough aqueducts with Khmer)

7.5%
  1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

But that is my point. aUU should be a replacement for a sword or a chariot, I am quite happy with that concept.

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Yes, and it's beautiful with all the snow we've received lately!
    Code:
    INSERT INTO UnitReplaces
                (CivUniqueUnitType,    ReplacesUnitType)
    SELECT      UnitType,              'UNIT_SWORDSMAN'
    FROM        Units WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_GEORGIAN_KHEVSURETI';
    It will need to replace an existing unit. So, in Vanilla it would be the Swordsman since the Khevsur upgrades to the Musketman, however you still wouldn't be able to build it until Military Tactics unless you also changed the pre-req. This issue is avoided in the two mods I mentioned since it replaces a new interim global unit, the Longswordsman.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Ondolindë, bbbt and Victoria like this.
  3. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I know Military Tactics is no longer a dead end tech in GS, but I feel like you should have the ability to upgrade to a Khevsur with gold, it sucks having to hard build them.

Or maybe Georgia could purchase them with faith?

Victoria likes this.
  4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

It sucks having to hard build most of them. It also suck knowing the Janissary’s can upgrade and bypass losing a pop, it’s like mocking us.

ezzlar likes this.
  5. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Odd, too, as the whole concept of the Janissary, reflected by the Pop loss if not from a conquered city, makes it one where it would be understandable why you couldn't upgrade it from an earlier unit.

acluewithout likes this.
  6. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Chieftain

As a player who cannot even win on level emperor I can only say, Georgia is for me (with a huge distance) the weakest civ that exists in the game.
    I must have tried hundreds of times by now but could never even get close to a victory, not even on level king.
    Mostly I am not even able to found a religion and then Georgia has basically no special abilities that would help in any way.

7. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

She does have the least helpful bonuses, but on Emporer and below she can see seriously quick victories.

The quickest win I’ve ever had was on Tamar. I hit a golden age, exodus of the evangelist, which basically guarantees the next Golden Age and exodus of the evangelist, then hope someone declares war on a city state so you can double you faith.

It requires a decent amount of luck, and it requires actually getting religion, which makes it tricky for high level play. But on lower levels, my experience of her is fast!

Here’s hoping the diplomacy changes helps her

8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Georgia's religious abilities work with whatever religion she has. You don't need to found your own religion. Your AI neighbours will spread one to you.

acluewithout likes this.
  9. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I've won with Georgia by stringing Exodus golden ages into a religious victory. Someone said that you shouldn't found a religion as Georgia, but instead adopt someone else's since the AI will spread your religion to City States. That seems plausible, but I don't know what a viable victory type is but religious. I may try a Diplomatic Victory with Georgia without founding a religion and see what happens.

10. isau

isau Warlord

Georgia should gain extra range to city strikes when it builds bigger walls. +1 range in cities with Medieval Walls, +2 in cities with the special building. That would be totally different and make AI Georgia significantly more notable as an enemy. She could City Strike ranged boats and eventually even siege units.

EDIT: I see someone else already suggested this.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  11. Ziad

Ziad Warlord

AI Georgia is actually consistently strong in my games.

12. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

Because they spam walls, so they live.

Player Georgia is still Georgia tier.

13. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

It's unfortunate that the distance for city ranged strikes is hardcoded, so it's not even moddable.