[R&F] Civ of the Week: India

Who should be next weeks Civ? (Medieval)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m running a bit behind with Civ of the Week. I should have the next one up tonight (looks like Japan).

Thanks for this. I’ll try to link to previous Civ of the Weeks in the notes going forward.

Reddit also does CotW and gets some very good posts. I haven’t been linking to those, but I’d recommend anyone interested to look them up.

In my opinion, Chandragupta and Gandhi are the weakest civs in the whole game. I have never won a game with one of these leaders, not even on level "king".
And I almost always get the most horrible starting positions with zero production.

Is Gandhi top tier at winning Religious victory in Civ VI?
The problem is he can get faith from his ability but he doesn't have any way to get more prophet points to help secure a religion in the first place. On a small map, you're looking at +20ish faith - not that amazing.
The follower belief bonus for other religions is pretty meh since for religion victory you don't want any other faiths in your cities at all.

The stepwell is kinda nice since before replaceable parts it can be a better farm that gives you some faith, and housing. The varu is very strong, which is great for warfare and taking out a neighbor/ religious heretics.

But chandra's war ability is usually broadly better than gandhi's because more war power helps with any victory. I wouldn't say india is the weakest civ, especially if you're leveraging the territorial war bonus every few turns (fight, wait 10 turns, declare peace, build up 10 turns, dow again. etc.) Look, Varus are just really really good units. A varu is a maori Toa that can't build a fort. They are effectively 45 strength units in the classical and that aura even helps your knights etc later on.

I find Dharma to be a wasted opportunity. I hope they buff India in GS.

It’s not terrible per se and can be useful especially if there are follower beliefs that you can help you in the game such as Jesuit Education.

I’m hoping that more modifiers in GS will allow me to mod India to the why that I like it.

Top Bottom