[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

The pack 2 worked great for me, but pack 1 still doesn't work, are there any known incompabilities, because I use Pouakai's wonder mods.

I absolutely exclude that wonder mods might break AMC pack 1. I suspect some issue in the manual unzip process

I also wonder if it is doable, both technically and for copyright purpose.... :confused:

Technically, it should be possible to define the UU to be the one of your mod or the one of the DLC with a check to test if the user has (or not) the DLC using a SQL query OnModActivated.

(no, you know I can't made that code right now, but remember to bug me later if you still need it :D )

@Numitor and whoever wish to reply

Usually, when I finish a icon, I compare it with vanilla ones.
In the example below I put our icons in the holes existing on the vanilla portraits.

Looking at the whole image (i.e. not only comparing our icons with the others but also looking the picture at a glance), what you notice?
Spoiler :

:lol:

Oookay, two things I noticed:
- leaders are loking from left to right or kind a straight out of the screen
- gold (the helmet) is more "glowing", more shiny in original pictures

I tried to fix both in one of my pics. Btw. I like the backgound you chosed, even if its a bit hard to see, if you dont know what it is. :) Where did you get it?

Attachments

• AncientPack1.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
  • Ancient_bldg_tech.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • AncientW_single ship.rar
    76.1 KB · Views: 71
Oookay, two things I noticed:
- leaders are loking from left to right or kind a straight out of the screen
- gold (the helmet) is more "glowing", more shiny in original pictures

Ok, I also noticed the first. Leaders are facing you or the left side. None the right side.
Instead I didn't notice the gold issue at all.

Other things I notice:
-) more often than not they appear as half body
-) some of them are quite different compared to the animated models (Ramses, Darius and Elizabeth - not showed in my picture - are the major examples)
-) often they stay in a different pose compared to the animations
-) most of them have details in the background instead of light rays. Light rays are poorly evident; exactly the opposite of unit icons
-) all of them have a light source behind

Well, going to conclude, I think that your latest guy (facing left) with a better rework of Lion's Gate as background should be the best solution. Do you agree?

Atm I'm testing AMC maps from YnAEMP mod.

I already made several improvements on AMCivs, and many others will come from my test (waiting for public feedback also, if any).
My latest 2 WWs (Knossos and Simbel) came from my test, as example, and most of my previous ancient WWs will have some fix.

In the next, I'll eventually produce one or two AMCivs to fill some gaps on the maps.
Illyria is very likely. Nubia is excluded. The same for civs outside ancient era. Armenia is too close to existing civs (Hittite and Assyria), like Israel (Phoenicia).

Ambrox will you make small maps (same areas but smaller)? I find they are big and not enough civs now to make things interesting. Even after you will add in future, it would be nice to have a smaller map, with only the major civs.
Btw, in the middle eastern map I would put Babylon, and another civ in Anatolia (maybe Lydia?).

Most of them are also semi-propaganda images, with many of the leaders looking to the left and up in a sort of Che Guevara look:

Spoiler :

They also are looking threatening if they are a warmonger - eg. Hiawatha, Montezuma.

I think that your latest guy (facing left) with a better rework of Lion's Gate as background should be the best solution. Do you agree?

Yes, I do agree. :cool: Will you send me your background gate pic, or are you thinking about the other way around?

Ambrox will you make small maps (same areas but smaller)? I find they are big and not enough civs now to make things interesting. Even after you will add in future, it would be nice to have a smaller map, with only the major civs.
Btw, in the middle eastern map I would put Babylon, and another civ in Anatolia (maybe Lydia?).

I'll try to do a smaller map
Lydia, Thracia and Kolchis for the East map, Illyria and Mauretania for the West map are in the to-do list
Not sure about Babylon. Too close to Assyria, expecially on a smaller map. The same is true for Phoenicia and Hebrews

@Civ'ed
Pericles is a nice idea too, I would love to do it. :) Did you ever tought about the City list? We may run in trouble with Agamemnon and Alexander.

a bit late to answer but who cares:
I think only the Athenian League during the Peloponnesian war (that's right isn't it)

a bit late to answer but who cares:
I think only the Athenian League during the Peloponnesian war (that's right isn't it)

I see, but what about Agamemnons list then? Many Cities would have to be listed on both lists: Athenai, Argos, Miletos, Kolophon, Samos, Chios ... - just to name a few.

Never meant to be beating you somehow. ;) But its clearly a problem. Maybe ambrox can tell what names we are using for Agamamnon right now. Maybe we can divide greek city names into 4 fractions: Alexander's, Agamenon's, Athenian's and Spartan's. :smoke:

we can divide greek city names into 4 fractions: Alexander's, Agamenon's, Athenian's and Spartan's

I think it's quite impossible to divide ancient greek cities in this way without overlaps.
However I'll try the best I can do to obtain a viable mycenean city-list at first.

Hi...
Let me start by saying what a great job you have done and for your time and effort.
I have reworked the Assyrian civ you provided into Armenia.I hope you don't mind.
It's my first attempt at looking at the files.
If possible can you release Armenia.
I have uploaded what I have changed in Assyria to create Armenia.
ancientmedwitharmenia.zip
I cannot for the life of me believe this civ constantly gets left out considering Armenia is called one of the cradle of civilization.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_civilization

My reconstruction is ok but would love if you would look at it and do your magic and create a dedicated civ with unique graphics and units.

Armenians were known for their archery so a unique archer unit ,chariot archers unit or better still cataphracts would be great.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Armenia
Plutarch wrote that the Armenian archers could kill from 200 meters with their deadly accurate arrows. The Romans admired and respected the bravery and the warrior spirit of the Armenian Cavalry -- the hardcore of Tigran's Army. The Roman historian Sallustius Crispus wrote that the Armenian [Ayrudzi - lit. horsemen] Cavalry was "remarkable by the beauty of their horses and armor" Horses in Armenia, since ancient times were considered as the most important part and pride of the warrior.http://www.armenian-history.com/Nyuter/HISTORY/ArmeniaBC/Armenian_heavy_cavalry.htm

They are also the first christian state in the world so a cultural monestry of some kind would do as the special building.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khor_Virap

Hope you like what I did myself feel free to use all the civilopedia stuff and other text.

Thanks again hope for reply soon
Kind Regards
Eva

In some extent I've already taken care of Armenia promoting Erebuni as City-State.
Urartu apart, I think that only Artaxiad Dynasty might deserve the rank of (ancient) Armenia Civ, with Artaxias I or Tigranes the Great as leader. The lone "two centuries of glory" of Artaxiad Empire, although not a historical milestone, could be enough :)
The work on text you did is really precious.
The usual issue is the unavailability of suitable models :(

I'll try the best I can do to obtain a viable mycenean city-list

Unfortunately the following major mycenean cities already appear in the Alexander list:
Mycenae
Tiryns
Athenae
Pylos
Orchomenos

To avoid duplicated names, I'm thinking to recover the first (only) as Mykene (greek)
Here is a possible list:
Mykene
Dendra
Thebai
Menelaion
Iolkos
Gla
Olympia
Delphi
Dyme
Kastri
Peristeria
Elliniko
Nichoria
Marathon
Vapheio
Kalydon
Agai
Lefkandi
Sesklo
Ialysos
Lindos
Karditsa
Delos
Paphos
Kourion
Amathous
Idalion
Tamassos
Soloi
Lapethos
Chytroi
Enkomi
Leucas
Cephallenia
Zakynthos
Kythera
Melos
Andros
Scyros
Asripalaia

I don't have Civ5 installed here, so can anyone pls copy Alexanders here?

Is it possible, to turn Alexander off, when using this new Leaders? If so, then we don't need to care about Alex, instead we could do 4 "greek" civilizations: Mycenai, Athenai, Sparta, Macedonia.

Argos is on Alexanders list as well? Else it would be a good addition to Agamemnon. Some more mycenian Settlements situated around Mycenae are:
Nauplion
Dalamanara
Midea
Magoula
Lerna
Berbasti

Else im not totaly sure, if these are good additions for mycenian list as well, some are just written differently, some are islands:
Dimini
Franchthi
Ithaka (Home of Odysseus)
Mykonos
Korkyra
Leukas
Kephallenia
Skopelos
Kakovatos
Ano-Egilianos
Pharai
Midea
Phylakopi
Eleusis
Menidi
Aphidinai
Kapakly
Koronta

Does it make sense, looking into Homer's ships list from Iliad? ;) Final note: we may need to save some names for other lists - if we want to do that Civs. Olympia, Marathon, Delphi are good candidates there.

Turn Alexander off is not a must. You may simple avoid to put it in play at the same time with Mycenae. Just in a "random" vanilla game you might run both at the same time.
Furthermore you don't need to avoid duplicated names while using different tags for the same city. It may happen that you have a "mycenean" Athens facing an "Alexander" Athens in the worst case :lol:

Top Bottom