[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

Yes, when BNW will be on sale at 75% off
Let me know when it happens ;)

Hi ambrox,

thank you for this:thumbsup:! Can you tell us anything on whether you plan to add some serious rule changing mod features to this expansion pack (like all the goodnes of TAM and PAE:yumyum:)? I'm already now very pleased with what you offer (now that all the ancient Civs are on the map), but the insatiable ancient mod player in me longs for a full grown mod. Any plans?

I'm not able to make a mod like TAM or PAE by myself. However you can try the mod called "Anno Domini". I can't play it because of DLC issue, but people say that it's really good. Tell me know :)

Yeah, I will definitely give this a go sooner or later. There are some unresolved Mac issues, though.

I think, as an ancient mod lover, I was pretty much well chefed with my nearly 100 turns with your expansion, because I knew, the game itself would behave just according to what Firaxis stuck into it, so no chance for disappointment;). And frankly, Anno Domini is in a far earlier development stage as, for example, PAE (Civ IV, started in late 2009), as is, and I would very likely be over-critical and impatient with it.

And frankly, Anno Domini is in a far earlier development stage as, for example, PAE (Civ IV, started in late 2009), as is, and I would very likely be over-critical and impatient with it.

For info, Anno Domini has been in development since 2005 and was originally a Civ III game ported to Civ V, just so that you're aware. Thanks for the recommendation, Ambrox!

For info, Anno Domini has been in development since 2005 and was originally a Civ III game ported to Civ V, just so that you're aware.
Thanks for the info. How would anybody be supposed to know about that?

Looking at the Tech Tree posted on your web site, one could get the impression, you just got started:p. Just kidding, but it's probably true, that I would be rather over-jugdemental, because I helped develope areas of PAE, was a great fan of TAM and am therefore biased.

Before going on and hijacking ambrox' thread I better go the download section;). Perhaps I can be helpful in clearing up the Mac problems that PorkDeluxe reported.

Thanks for the info. How would anybody be supposed to know about that?

I guess they'd have to have lived in the Civ III section of this site ;)!

Agreed that we must not threadjack any further, except to say that Ambrox's excellent civs are all used in the mod and, to be honest, it wouldn't have been the same without them.

Yes, when BNW will be on sale at 75% off
Let me know when it happens

This is from further up the page - it's always a good idea to check recent posts, it gets very tiresome as a mod author to keep answering the same question over and over again ;)

It's happening now!! Well, just about. 66% off BNW and 75% off all other Civ V stuff. Might be a chance to pick up some other missing gaps...

Came here just to say this! I've been trying to learn how to mod just to fill in the void while ambrox waits for BNW's price to drop. But, now it has...hopefully low enough? :)

Thanks guys ;)
Now the price is low enough to buy BNW :goodjob:

Excellent mod! But I'm having a problem: all of the non-vanilla city-states and civs have their names, leader names and city names as "TXT_CITYSTATE ......." or something like that. What have I done wrong?

NOTE: I have both BNW and G&K expansion packs.

Also, if you have enough time and want to continue working on this mod, I say it would be a good idea to "split" Greece and turn it in several different civs, such as Athens and Sparta, which were always rivals.

Use BNW version of this mod here
You'll find there Greek Epic civs already done ! :)

Thanks! But did the Amazons really exist? I thought they were a myth.

Also, it looks like the Greek Epic civs don't appear on the "Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack" custom game.

Upload it in somewhere else, not all of the users have access to steam--workshop, please.

Top Bottom