[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

if it was quoted from vanilla dom texts, then that's fine with me.

I don't remeber if it's the case or not. My custom dom text is a mix of vanilla dom and personal text (the latter checked with google translator - crap translator :) )
This is the reason because I ask for help :D

May honor and strength be upon you Decebal, king of the Dacian people! For many centuries your kingdom has been a troubled land; long time ago Getae tribes, from northern Thracia, moved themselves toward the fertile plains of the region, coming into contact with your Dacians ancestors. Merging their roots, these populations had lived together along the Danube River, having both peaceful and military encounters with other neighboring tribes, such as Celts, Ancient Germanics, Sarmatians, Scythians, Greeks and Romans. Oh "Brave" Decebal, too many Dacian kingdoms have risen and fallen in the previous years, and new threats will come again from the borders.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]King Decebal, your people look to you to lead them to glory. To make them powerful and wealthy, to keep them supplied with the weapons they need to defeat any foe. Can you save them from destruction, oh King? Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Therefore is the bold text above the only needed correction?
I would release Dacians in the week-end :)

Bet Alim - Town hall - Hôtel de ville
Puhrum - Assembly - Assemblée
Karum - Trade wharf - Quai de commerce

Unfortunately these building have weak references on the web, both documental and images, although they are better than nothing. Thanks :goodjob:

Version 7 released

It contains the following ancient mediterranean civilizations:

Britons
Carthaginians
Gauls
Dacians (NEW)
Germanic Tribes
Hittites
Iberians
Phoenicians

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL link

For the Assyrians unique unit, i suggest the Ekal, replacing the spearman and requires 1 iron. The Ekal is assyrian for soldier(I guess) and it was both numerous and effective soldiers. OR the Assyrian cavalry; The assyrians was one of the first to use cavalry in their armies and a great advantage over chariots in rough terrain. For their trait i suggest that All Ranged, Melee and siege units start with the siege 1 promotion(+25 combat strength against cities.)

Concerning the invalid file ID, you can generate a new ID in the "info" tab in the mod properties, without generating a complete new mod.:cheers:

I'm aware of it, but I must also rename the mod and I don't want it. Furthermore I can't erase the existing V.1 on gamespy DB. I simply wish to update the current version or, alternatively, a official statement of 2K about this issue.

I'm aware of it, but I must also rename the mod and I don't want it. Furthermore I can't erase the existing V.1 on gamespy DB. I simply wish to update the current version or, alternatively, a official statement of 2K about this issue.
You could call it "Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations " instead of "Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations".
Besides, have you added the soundtracks yet..?

As usual, I'm asking for a help to check grammar mistakes in the introductory text.
English isn't my first language and I will be grateful to whom will check the text below.
Thanks in advance

Greetings, oh lusty Atheas, longevous King of the nomadic Scythian Empire! Your hordes shatter the walls of cities, and your warcry brings despair to your enemies. Oh King, you united the warring tribes inhabiting a vast territory between the Danube and the Maeotian marshes into a mighty nation, creating the greatest horseback force the world has ever witnessed! Your people's mastery of archery and horse riding has overwhelmed the foes, making them weak and helpless before Scythian's conquering armies. During the many years of your reign, Scythian soldiers conquered most of the northern land facing the Black Sea, fighting against barbarous tribes and ellenic colonies. And the empire continued to grow, until it reached the Macedonian borders.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]King Atheas, your people call upon you once more to lead them to battle and conquest! Will the world once again tremble at the thunderous sound of your horsearchers sweeping down from the steppes? Will you build an empire that stands the test of time?

Greetings, oh lusty Atheas, longevous King of the nomadic Scythian Empire! Your hordes shatter the walls of cities, and your warcry brings despair to your enemies. Oh King, you united the warring tribes inhabiting a vast territory between the Danube and the Maeotian marshes into a mighty nation, creating the greatest force on horseback OR mounted force the world has ever witnessed! Your people's mastery of archery and horse riding has overwhelmed the foes, making them weak and helpless before Scythian's conquering armies. During the many years of your reign, Scythian soldiers conquered most of the northern land facing the Black Sea, fighting against barbarous tribes and Hellenic colonies. And the empire continued to grow, until it reached the Macedonian borders.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]King Atheas, your people call upon you once more to lead them to battle and conquest! Will the world once again tremble at the thunderous sound of your horsearchers sweeping down from the steppes? Will you build an empire that stands the test of time?

... Which is?
Pouakai is right, but, as I said, I'm not familiar with english. It's a pain for me the text management; it requires double of the time I spend on graphics. Thus I helped myself using vanilla dom text as basis, like I did for previous civs also. Nonetheless I was able to do mistakes in the few text lines that I changed!!! :lol:
After all, I think that people read dom text one or two times at maximum. However any volunteer who wish "to adopt" a civ in order to ameliorate dom text, diplo text, pedia text, etc... is welcome. :D

Version 8 released

It contains the following ancient mediterranean civilizations:

Britons
Carthaginians
Gauls
Dacians
Germanic Tribes
Hittites
Iberians
Phoenicians
Scythians (NEW)

It also contains icon flags for all UUs

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL link

Since you've added the Assyrians (wich is not a mediterranean civ from my point of view), will you make the Sumerians as well? Because I'd love to play as Sargon of Akkad.:)

PS:what's the difficulty with reskinning, in your point of view.DS.

Since you've added the Assyrians (wich is not a mediterranean civ from my point of view), will you make the Sumerians as well? Because I'd love to play as Sargon of Akkad.:)

PS:what's the difficulty with reskinning, in your point of view.DS.

From my point of view, "Mediterranean" means ancient civ somewhat related with ancient/classical Europe-Middle East history. Civs as Kolchis, Parthians, Medes, Sarmatians, Nubians, Goths, ecc... would suitable to be included. Otherwise civs as Britons, Germanics, Dacians and Scythians should be excluded because they were outside mediterranean sea.

To do a specific civ instead of another one mainly depends by arts availability. I've found lots of greek/roman images also suitable for "barbarian/minor" civs, but close to nothing regarding middle-east subjects. Furthermore, while "european" civs are fine with nature background, middle-east civs (being more advanced) require architectural backgrounds quite impossible to find in high resolution. Nonetheless I've found a good leader-bg combo for a assyrian king, thus I decided to do assyria

Reskinning is a matter of time. At the beginning it requires LOTS of time; after a while it mainly depends on your feeling with producing arts.

Top Bottom