Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters

searcheagle

Emperor
Civ Players please answer this poll. Non-Civ players, please DO NOT vote.

I would like to see which personality types are most likely to play Civ, based on the results of the Myers-Briggs Temperant Index. To take the test, go to the below link: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Wiki said:
In a similar way to left- or right- handedness, the principle is that individuals also find certain ways of thinking and acting easier than others. The MBTI endeavours to sort some of these psychological opposites into four opposite pairs, or dichotomies, with a resulting sixteen possible combinations. None of these combinations is 'better' or 'worse', however Briggs and Myers recognised that everyone has an overall combination which is most comfortable for them: in the same way as writing with the left hand is hard work for a right-hander, so people tend to find using their opposite psychological preference more difficult, even if they can become more proficient (and therefore behaviourally flexible) with practice and development.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

The purpose of the poll is to determine if the players of Civ have a significantly different make up than the general population.

I usually get INFJ when I take these tests.

ESTP for me.

I usually find these tests worthless wastes of time, filled with ambiguous questions when I take them.

Against my better judgment I took the test and what I got wasn't one of the poll options.

Your type is: ENTJ

You are:
* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Whatever that means.

Against my better judgment I took the test and what I got wasn't one of the poll options.

Your type is: ENTJ

You are:
* slightly expressed extravert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Whatever that means.

ENFP is on the list 2x. Can I mod please change the ENFP on the poll to ENFP? THanks.

I'm ISTJ

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* moderately expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

@flamingzaroc it's the bottom option

ENTP, as it has been almost every time I've taken this bloody test.

# very expressed extrovert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

Your Type is
INTP

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

moderately expressed extravert

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

ENTJ

But, I can't find the poll option for it...:sad:

I got INTJ but all that tells me is that the people that made the test like acronyms.

"moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality"

I am INTJ
* moderately expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

This may help some of you understand this better. The various criteria follow from Carl Jung's theories in his work Psychological Types. From what I understand most of his methods are rejected in cognitive psychology.

Spoiler :
1. Extravert-Introvert: This scale explains how we get our energy.

Extraverts (E) are energized by interaction with others. They love to talk, participate, organize, and party. They are people of action. Extraverts love parties, especially when they can talk with everyone present. E's are pulled into social life and find it difficult to settle down, read, or concentrate on homework. They hate to listen and need to talk to work out their ideas. They will find many college tasks challenging (reading, research, or writing) because they are solitary endeavors.

Introverts (I) are energized by the inner world of reflection, thought, and contemplation. They need space and time alone. Introverts like reading, lectures, written oral work. They usually have a longer attention span and prefer to think things through before acting. I's are uncomfortable in discussion groups, may find it difficult to remember names, and hesitate to speak up in class. Introverts will have fun at a party if they can talk with one person all night.

2. Sensing-Intuitive (S-N) This scale suggests how you take in information. It has the biggest impact on how we learn.

Sensing (S) people rely heavily on their five senses to take in information. They like concrete facts, organization, and structure. They are good at memorization, usually realistic, and relatively conventional. S's are oriented toward the present, the concrete, and the here and now. Sensing people usually like outlines, clear guidelines, and specifics. They often have difficulty with theory. They ask who, what, when, where? Sensing students read the question several times before answering it to be certain they understand it.

Intuitive (N) people see the world through intuition. They learn by hunches, look at the forest rather than individual trees. They want to know the theory before deciding that facts are important. They are creative, innovative, and work with bursts of energy. N's will write their term paper and then finish the required outline. Intuitive people will always ask "why" before anything else. Intuitive students may not read a test question all the way through, sometimes missing a key part, because they act on their hunches.

3. Thinking-Feeling: This range tells how we make decisions.

Thinking (T) people decide on the basis of logic, analysis, and reason. They follow their head rather than their heart, value truth over tact, and sometimes appear blunt and uncaring about the feelings of others. T's usually have strongly held principles, value fairness over everything, and need purpose. People who must make decisions that negatively effect many individual lives (surgeons and corporation presidents) are often Thinking types.

Feeling (F) persons follow their heart rather than their head. They decide on the basis of their feelings, personal likes and dislikes. They want others to like them so find it difficult to say no or disagree with others. F's need and value kindness. Feeling types value harmony and are distressed by interpersonal friction. Feeling types are often found in social work, elementary school teaching, and other helping professions. They feel rewarded when they can help others.

4. Judging-Perceiving: This range suggests the type of life style and work habits we prefer.

Judging (J) types try to order and control their world. They are decisive, may be closed-minded, and are usually well organized. The meet deadlines, like planning, and prefer to work on only one thing at a time.

Perceiving (P) types are spontaneous and don't like to be boxed in by deadlines or plans. They want to gather more information before making a decision. They work at many things at once. P's are flexible and often good in emergencies when plans are disrupted. Their biggest problem is procrastination. They may make a calendar of things to do, but will probably lose it.

It is Jungian, it is therfore is part of psychodynamic theory and because of this it is psudoscience in my oppinion.

INTP. I took a personality test at school. =]

Top Bottom