1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV] Prussia as a new colonial power (Modular)

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by King MB, Nov 8, 2008.

1. King MB

King MB Chieftain

Hello @ll...

I recently tried a German colonial power for CV4:Col. As the basis, among other things, I have used your Modular United MOD. This is my first MOD for Civ4, or COL2, and the most parameters, which you could change, are incomprehensible to me, but I still tried my best. Certainly now comes the question, why Prussia and not Germany, the fact is that Germany is in the sense as we know it today had not even existed in the colonizatin-days, and only Brandenburg of the former German states had colonies (see details the detailed Coloniziopedia). Moreover, I have no King of Prussia, but according to the whole time I put the Elector Friedrich Wilhelm I of Brandenbrg as the eader of Prussia.
    During I'm tested the mod I could eliminate most errors, but I can not exclude that any error still exists. In the Annex are some screenshots, as well as an original image of the Elector Friedrich Wilhelm I of Brandenbrg. The Leaderheads of course does not really correspond to the actual people and were also not created by me, but come from the download area of civfanatics.com. The city names are actually the names of former German colonies all over the world. The historical texts (Pedia) all come from WIKIPEDIA.DE and are mainly in German. In the picture " Map_of_the_German_Empire.PNG", you can see all former German colonies.

I would be very happy if I could get test results or improvement proposals. And I would like to apologize for my bad english ...

the Mod: Prussia modular mod
    some Sceenshots and a german pedia

Attached Files:

2. younflancy

younflancy Chieftain

Oh, very GOOD!
    Prussia must be an exciting civ in Colonization!
    And maybe Austria-hungary is also good!

3. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Chieftain

What language this mod is.
    Germany???

4. King MB

King MB Chieftain

The Pedia is in German, the other texts are analog in the tagged lanuage, BUT, I could only fill the german and the english TAG correct, in the franz-, spain- and iailien-TAG you would find the english text because I didn't know any word in this languages... so you can say this Mod is restricted multilingual

5. americo

americo Chieftain

prussia did'nt colonize the america
    courland a german speaking contry of the baltic sea did,
    courland is in Americo's Mod

6. Lubricus

Lubricus Explorer

No, but Brandenburg did, and that's pretty much the same. Prussia inherited Brandenburg, after all. That is, in fact, an important reason for Berlin's status as capital of Germany today. Yay for silly facts! :p

7. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

8. King MB

King MB Chieftain

Sry... I work on it. Its my fault, and in the final Version which you will find on
    NBMOD mit Preußen und anderen Kolonialmächten
    in the future you will find a credit to all your works which I used to my MOD. (Also I will do a Credit to the work of all other which I used in my MOD)