Civ Rev Deity vs Civ 4 Deity

Hodory

Warlord
Is Civ Rev a much easier game in comparison to Civ4?

I am not talking about elements that are not present or simplified. I am just talking about the probability factor of being able to win consistently in Deity level.

In Civ4, beating Deity is an achievement and not an easy task. Certainly, even the most skilled Civ4 players took a lot of practice to be able to beat Deity. However, in Civ Rev, I can already see people beating Deity within one month of the game's release.

It really bugs me to no end that I have to wait another week to get a taste of what Civ Rev Deity level is like. In Civ4, I am not good enough to win on Immortal, and Deity is still a pipe dream for me.

Its not as hard as civ 4 but they are still tough. They don't cheat as such like civ4, as they start with one settler also. They are just awesome players. Its an achievement. The reason you see so many of them is that many civ rev adopters are vetran civ players. 28 is the most amount of ppl to beat GOTW on deity in any given week.

I used to play on Emperor in Civ4 and didn't win easily. In CivRev I play on Deity and win without any effort. In every game I start by getting a good science output, get a bunch of first-to-discover bonuses, train knights, and steamrolls everyone. It never fails.

I have tried to go for a culture or economic victory once or twice. But since I always seem to be first to knights it feels ridiculous not to use the advantage and attack. The AI is never able to eliminate my tech advantage, so there's no reason for me to stop conquering, and I win a domination victory.

I seldom train any units to defend my cities. The AI is horrible at exploiting this and attacking me, and thus I always get away with it. Even when the AI has a lot of armies that could potentially cause some trouble, it only lines them up to be knocked down.

The replay value for me is close to gone since there's no challenge. In short, I'm really, really disappointed in the AI.

I used to play on Emperor in Civ4 and didn't win easily. In CivRev I play on Deity and win without any effort. In every game I start by getting a good science output, get a bunch of first-to-discover bonuses, train knights, and steamrolls everyone. It never fails.

I have tried to go for a culture or economic victory once or twice. But since I always seem to be first to knights it feels ridiculous not to use the advantage and attack. The AI is never able to eliminate my tech advantage, so there's no reason for me to stop conquering, and I win a domination victory.

I seldom train any units to defend my cities. The AI is horrible at exploiting this and attacking me, and thus I always get away with it. Even when the AI has a lot of armies that could potentially cause some trouble, it only lines them up to be knocked down.

The replay value for me is close to gone since there's no challenge. In short, I'm really, really disappointed in the AI.

I'd recommend playing multiplayer then... :mischief:

I'd recommend playing multiplayer then... :mischief:

That is the reason I am waiting for Civ Rev: to play against other humans. If I want to play a single-player game, I will stick to Civ4.

However, this game seems to have some major balancing issues. "Republic and the super city feeding through settler pumps" is just one of those issues that really must be addressed because it discourages many people from trying out other tactics. What made Civ games fun? It was the vastness of different choices that you can make that all could work very well for you if implemented correctly. Here, this whole Mega City thing is getting out of proportion.

It's getting out of proportion? Most people don't even have the game yet to experiment with other strategies. Once it's out, you'll see a lot of people developing other tactics since they won't be limited to the Republic government, which is pretty much all you can do in the demo.

It's getting out of proportion? Most people don't even have the game yet to experiment with other strategies. Once it's out, you'll see a lot of people developing other tactics since they won't be limited to the Republic government, which is pretty much all you can do in the demo.

Limited to republic government? No, we are not limited to republic government in the demo. The Pyramids is more than capable of being built. If the other governments were found to be more useful to many people, there would have been more discussion about "how to build your Pyramids faster" threads all over the forums. And we don't just have Romans. We also have Egyptians to play in the demo. Tell me how many people were talking about playing as Egypt in the demo? It is pathetically and painfully low in comparison to all those playing Rome due to this gimmick of super-sized city building.

In the demo, you CAN play other than Romans, and you CAN adopt other government types. Why are we not seeing anyone praising about fundamentalism, monarchy, or communism? Why is there nobody praising about some fantastic gimmick made easier by Egyptians?

I am sure you have seen this super-sized city gimmick at work. You probably have already tried it out for yourself. If you have played descent amount of Civ4, I bet you can't stop but tell yourself how grossly out-of-balance and out-of-place it feels.

I understand that the game was made to be more fast paced and more fun, but it should not come with the sacrifice of game balance. If anyone were to tell me that Romans and Republic are just fine the way it is, he/she is really kdding him/herself.

I rarely use the republican government, imo democracy is much better and so if we are judging civs on the goverments then the greeks are overpowered.
In the demo i always did a lot better with the egyptians (food bonuses are really great)
Also i believe that if we are slagging off overpowered civs - then at the top of the list should be the aztecs - units heal after victories and a beginning rush due to a wealth of gold allow then to dominate their local area ( and often others ) at a very low stage in the game.
Also thanks to wide critiscm and fear, not many people online who are the romans atempy to take part in the super city tactic - knowing that everyone will gang up on them if they do. I for one always say no power building when i join or make a game online. And if they say no then i join another game. And if they say yes but do it anyway. I put all of my game time into making theirs a living nightmare.

Top Bottom