Civ Rev for DS3 ?

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by marciv, Nov 26, 2011.

1. marciv

marciv Warlord

Can anyone tell me if the Nintendo 3DS will play my Rev cartridge which works fine on the DS Lite. I will get one once I know that it will play this game. I am aware that it will play a large number of older games but cannot find out at this stage if it will play Civ.

2. korossyl

korossyl Vajda

Unlike the PS3 or XBOX360, The 3DS has FULL backwards compatibility. ALL DS games are 100% supported. In fact, the screen's a little bit bigger, and the processor a little bit faster, so it's an enhanced experience.

If only it had 3D. :D

3. marciv

marciv Warlord

Thanks, although I had already found this out by visiting a local Gamestation store the information will be useful for other Civ Fanatics. I tend to use the DS more than the Lap-top these days as it is so convenient to use although the DS version of Civ is less sophisticated (allegedly) I still find it to be very challenging, particularly on the two top levels.
    All the best. :D

4. wujinlong

wujinlong Chieftain

I think I spelled his name wrong, w/e.
    Does anyone know if any civ games have been released on the ds, or, does anyone have any info or thoughts regarding the possibility?
    I would love to see a civ game released on the 3ds. Civ 5 with Nvidia 3d vision was awesome, it would be super-sweet to see a new cive game on the 3ds. With multi-player just a click away I would be on my 3ds every lunch break, before and after work...it would be like WoW all over again except I would go outside because i could play while i walk.
    Is anyone else excited to see this?

5. nerdfighter13

nerdfighter13 Prince of the Universe

Playing while you walk? That sounds dangerous. But a new game in 3d would be great. If it and some other games came out in 3d, I might have to break down and buy a 3ds.