1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ(s) u always been nice to..

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by redhulkz, Jul 2, 2003.

1. redhulkz

redhulkz Prince

what are the civ u always been nice and generous to? why ?

for me, thats Germany and China.

Germany, cause i admire Germany history and their role in WWII :D (empire building ambitions)

China: i support my own race, of course :love:

2. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Never. They all have to 'go'. :evil:

3. Gainy

Gainy Guest

I dont try to be nice to any Countries. Why? Because it is a waste of time, you're going to destroy then anyways... :mischief:

4. Chris1111

Chris1111 Lurker

I am nice to the random civ stuck on a 3 city island in the middle of nowhere with no strategic value.

5. Yeti

Yeti Prince

I will often be nice to the pacifist nations that are highly unlikely to attack me - like the Iroquois and Ghandi's India. But, like happened in my last game, if they're in a really bad location or have something I really need, then I'm going to attack them anyway.

And being of Irish heritage with a soft spot for Guinness, I do tend to be nicer to the Celts if possible, but again - only as long as they're not in a key geographical location or in possession of something I really want.

6. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I always pick a civ to be nice to that borders alot of other civs that I want to invade.(Until all of our treaties expire :lol: )

7. sealman

sealman Hater of Babylonians

noone imparticular. If they are nice to me, I'll be nice to them (until they have something I want).

I do tend to hold grudges through the game... if the AI can - so can I.

8. Grille

Grille panel insect

*Somehow* I tend to be "furious" towards any civ that shares a border with me... unless they are the super-power w/ a much bigger and better military. Then I'm "gracious". :D :mischief:

9. Civrules

Civrules We the People

I am always nice to Greece because they are always in the #2 rank. :D

10. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

I'm really nice to civs until I get bigger than them. I remember my first full DyP game, I shared a border with India. I was the Celts. First time playing them, too. Anyways, I had a couple of wars with them, lost a city, gained a city, but was generally 'respectful' to them. Until I surpassed them in tech and military. They were the first ones I took out. :D :evil: But sometimes I'm nice to a really small civ. Or a civ that's getting tromped by the rest of the civs. Sometimes.

11. Ankka

Ankka Deity

I sometimes am nice to a small civ thats getting stumped by everyone else... Often the Aztecs.

12. Beanzy

Beanzy Prince

First of all, I know this doesn't have to do with the topic of this thread, but, oh well.

So do admire the young Turks for the Armenian genocide? And do you admire the tribes that brought about the Rwawandan genocide? What do you mean you "admire" their role in WWII?? How can you admire the way the Nazis gassed all those Jews? Is that your definition of admirable? Not to mention the countless British civilians killed in all the bombings. And what about D-Day? Was it admirable of them every time a US soldier died? How can you find what the Germans did during WWII admirable? I don't think there is any deed committed by a nation that could be less admirable...

13. connor

connor Highlander

14. Sa~Craig

Sa~Craig King

if i'm not playing as Egypt i'm nice to them but that doesn't happen very often

15. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

I try to be nice to Persia so hopefully Xerxes won't kill me (usually still does, though. I hate him).

I'm usually nice to France since they aren't very aggressive and usually make a good neighbor. I've backstabbed them before, but only out of necessity.

16. connor

connor Highlander

Hehe, as long as it is out of necessity, then I guess it is okay, :mwaha:

17. Andropov

Andropov Chieftain

I'm a diplomatic jerk pretty much from the get go. I'm only nice if I've got an angle to play with the other civ.

Having said that, I do have a soft spot for the Celts, but only if they pose no threat.

What's with the admiring Germans for their role in WW2? Do you admire the Japanese rape of Nanking too?

18. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

im nice to germany,zuland,japan,korea, and china, o ya russia and india... i donno y i just like them..inda cuss ghandi is cool

19. Rehan

Rehan Chieftain

I'm not especially nice to anyone, but I do just hate a few for some unknown reasons.
    France, Persia, Korea:rocket:

20. SunZsu

SunZsu Chieftain

no way! ... if there is one Civ you must take out, and before the modern era, it's Germany ...

go ahead, have them on your border, be their buddy, yeda yeda, but just wait and let them develop panzers! ... then Germany won't care how good a friend you have been, and their Panzers will roll into your territiory, guaranteed! .....

the Horde of the Great Khan uses Germany for target practice!!!

:rocket: