Civ(s) u always been nice to..

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by redhulkz, Jul 2, 2003.

1. MadScot

MadScot Brandy's back!

Generally I'm usually nice to Joan, as (for whatever reason) I've found the French to be one of the more 'honourable' AIs.

I agree with Beanzy about Gandhi. Every game I play that has India, he's a backstabbing SoB who couldn't agree an honest deal if his life depended upon it. As his perfidy usually results in his extermination (the only question is how long it takes) that's closer to reality than he seems to think.

India is one of the few civs I've considered building the MP for the purpose of eradicating with maximum prejudice. I decided it would be more fun to crush him the old fashioned way, though.

Lincoln's another shyster, with Lizzie not far behind. At least Bismark and Shaka are honest bullies - the other two keep offering these 'great deals', and get mightily upset when I won't 'trade' them techs for their worthless world maps.

2. CramzCiv07

CramzCiv07 Chieftain

I am always nice to Egypt...I dont know why

3. Leha

Leha ooseepoosee

I'm nice to Egypt too ( Cleo :love: :love: )

Otherwise agree with MadScot .

4. Doshin

Doshin jolly yellow giant

I'm 'nice' to any commercial AI civ. Because they offer me the best deals on everything :) However, I wouldn't hesitate to take them out in a war if I need to...

5. SinisterDeath

SinisterDeath Pure Quality

I'm nice to no-one...KILL EM ALL!

6. Evincar

Evincar Iron works is a legend!!

Civs that have always been nice to me?? Let me think...
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    OK, those are all :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Ok , I should read before posting...I for one I'm nice to every civ whenever it suits my interests :evil:...well, actually I'm quite a honorable ruler, so I can say that I have been nice to almost everyone as long as they have been to me.

That means...I have been nasty with all civs at least once :)

7. scotland_no1

scotland_no1 Jimmy Hat Salesman

i dont think he is admiring the jews being gassed and the allies being bombed, what i think he is admiring is the way they fought the war, not what they did during it, you have to give them some credit in this sence, i mean they did take over many many countries. and you have to remeber that many german people were killed by the allies aswell. look at dresden at the end of WWII, it was flattened, and that was just out of spite. the allies dropped mroe bombs on desden in 3 nights that the axis had dropped on the allies in the whole of the war, i wouldnt call that admirable either, but anyway enough of this, i wouldnt admire any country that goes to war with another in real life.

and back on topic, i try to be nice to my neighbours neghbour aswell. and if i play continents i like to be the first to discover a distant island, and if i am and there is only 1 or 2 civs on it then you can say bye bye to those technologically behind countries.

8. Frisian Warrior

Frisian Warrior with a cannon

I 'm nice to the underdog civs, they usually hate the big powers just as much as I do, so alliances are often very profitable, if not in territory, then financially.

He who sais he admires the Germans in WWII without a hint of a explanation, must expect to be outcast and ridiculed.

9. downwithgravity

downwithgravity Zen Rocker

you admire germany for their role in WW2? wtf is the matter with you?

10. redhulkz

redhulkz Prince

11. dreamdeferred

dreamdeferred Civ Playa

Depends on what you mean by nice.
    If you mean give stuff away nice, I only do that when I want other civs to fight my wars.
    If you mean not attack civs nice, then I'm usually nice to pretty much everybody that doesn't attack me or they have a resource.
    Or if you mean nice as in I don't brutally eradicate them, that's most everybody, unless they war with me repeatedly.
    I've had games where Ghandi is a loyal friend, or a bitter enemy. I guess it all depends on the situation.

12. rangers85

rangers85 Official Thread Killer

I don't have any special liking to any particular civ. A lot of it depends upon my starting location and if I'm going diplomatic or not. I'll also usually try to keep my neighbors happy for the time being until it's time to attack them.

13. sourboy

sourboy Awakening...

Whether I play as a passive or aggressive civ, I generally have a soft spot for :worship: India (Ghandi rocks), and generally enjoy watching the :ar15: English die (Feck'n Wanka's).

14. makaveli1701a

makaveli1701a Chieftain

I ally with the first nation that tries to ally with me

15. AceDragon

AceDragon Warlord

Sometimes take the 'macdaddy' approach. Females may get a break from time to time, alliances, trades, gifts, etc.

France, honourable? LOL. If I am going to be stabbed in the back, it's the french civ that does it most of time. Even if I had been nice to them.

16. Lord Beverage

Lord Beverage Chieftain

Those who complain the most about the dirty backstabbing civs seem to be the ones who revel the most in being the backstabbers themselves. ;)

Back on topic: France and China have generally been two of my most consistent and best allies throughout most of my Civ3 games. Greece and the Iroqois would get honorable mentions. The Zulu are to be eliminated ASAP. The Germans usually make themselves quite useful for that. Or vice versa.

17. Cimbri

Cimbri Deity

French and Indians for some reason… They’re always my allies and they never betray me :confused:...

I, however, have been known to betray them if necessary :evil:

18. andrewgprv

andrewgprv Second Class Citizen

England, I love English Culture and History and England is always an underdog in the game.

19. PritomD

PritomD Prince

Greece