CiV soundtrack in Mac

markovnikov

Chieftain
hey,

browsing the general discussion forum, I found that you can access the soundtrack music files and stick them into itunes.

Does anyone know where to find these files on a Mac?

Ximphron

Chieftain
hey,

browsing the general discussion forum, I found that you can access the soundtrack music files and stick them into itunes.

Does anyone know where to find these files on a Mac?

They won't work in itunes unless you use a ogg to mp3 converter, as the game sound files are ogg. VLC can play oggs if you don't want to convert.

You can find music under Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/Sounds/Streamed

DLC civ music is under another folder titled DLC that can aslo be found in the assets folder.

sliverius

Chieftain
I have been checked the folder , but there is no file ... is there anything that can be unhidden?

edit: Ahh.. I know how to, Instead go to Assets, show package at icon of Civ V

jpinoniemi

Warlord
Supporter
I have the Steam version of BNW and had to look in the application using "Show Package Contents". File path is a little different:

Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Civilization V: Brand New World.app (control click the app and choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to:

Contents/Home/assets/Sounds/Streamed

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Hi, welcome.

Yes, the posts in this thread were written a long time ago. SInce then, Civ5 has been packaged as a proper Ma application, so you need to look inside the package to find the Assets folder.

sasin

Chieftain
I have the Steam version of BNW and had to look in the application using "Show Package Contents". File path is a little different:

Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Civilization V: Brand New World.app (control click the app and choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to:

Contents/Home/assets/Sounds/Streamed

Hmm... I'm still having trouble. I tried clicking show package contents on the application but just have "macOS" and "resources" folders, neither of which have any subfolders or sounds, as well as "info.plist". Any ideas? Do I need to show hidden folders?

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Are you looking at the actual application in the location listed above? Note that the location path should start at the ~/Library folder hidden in your Home folder, not the /Library at the top level of your hard drive, or the one at /System/Library.

To get into the correct ~/Library folder, hold down the Alt key and select Go in the Finder's menu bar. You will see Library listed in the menu.

jenningss

Chieftain
I have them in my iTunes. Seems somewhere in iTunes I had an option to convert/import sound files where it went looking for sounds from other applications. And no, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

sasin

Chieftain
Are you looking at the actual application in the location listed above? Note that the location path should start at the ~/Library folder hidden in your Home folder, not the /Library at the top level of your hard drive, or the one at /System/Library.

To get into the correct ~/Library folder, hold down the Alt key and select Go in the Finder's menu bar. You will see Library listed in the menu.

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Top Bottom