CiV soundtrack in Mac

markovnikov

Chieftain
hey,

browsing the general discussion forum, I found that you can access the soundtrack music files and stick them into itunes.

Does anyone know where to find these files on a Mac?

hey,

browsing the general discussion forum, I found that you can access the soundtrack music files and stick them into itunes.

Does anyone know where to find these files on a Mac?

They won't work in itunes unless you use a ogg to mp3 converter, as the game sound files are ogg. VLC can play oggs if you don't want to convert.

You can find music under Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/Sounds/Streamed

DLC civ music is under another folder titled DLC that can aslo be found in the assets folder.

I have been checked the folder , but there is no file ... is there anything that can be unhidden?

edit: Ahh.. I know how to, Instead go to Assets, show package at icon of Civ V

I have the Steam version of BNW and had to look in the application using "Show Package Contents". File path is a little different:

Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Civilization V: Brand New World.app (control click the app and choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to:

Contents/Home/assets/Sounds/Streamed

Hi, welcome.

Yes, the posts in this thread were written a long time ago. SInce then, Civ5 has been packaged as a proper Ma application, so you need to look inside the package to find the Assets folder.

I have the Steam version of BNW and had to look in the application using "Show Package Contents". File path is a little different:

Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Civilization V: Brand New World.app (control click the app and choose "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to:

Contents/Home/assets/Sounds/Streamed

Hmm... I'm still having trouble. I tried clicking show package contents on the application but just have "macOS" and "resources" folders, neither of which have any subfolders or sounds, as well as "info.plist". Any ideas? Do I need to show hidden folders?

Are you looking at the actual application in the location listed above? Note that the location path should start at the ~/Library folder hidden in your Home folder, not the /Library at the top level of your hard drive, or the one at /System/Library.

To get into the correct ~/Library folder, hold down the Alt key and select Go in the Finder's menu bar. You will see Library listed in the menu.

I have them in my iTunes. Seems somewhere in iTunes I had an option to convert/import sound files where it went looking for sounds from other applications. And no, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Are you looking at the actual application in the location listed above? Note that the location path should start at the ~/Library folder hidden in your Home folder, not the /Library at the top level of your hard drive, or the one at /System/Library.

To get into the correct ~/Library folder, hold down the Alt key and select Go in the Finder's menu bar. You will see Library listed in the menu.

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Top Bottom