Civ Specific Armies

ocedius

C++ induced baldness
Don't know whether this has been answered or not, but how(if at all) do ya make civ-specific armies. Ya know, the kind where different civs have different kinds of armies, seafaring have amphibious armies, militaristic have armies with +2HP; so on so forth ....

I tried with an upgrade path army->flav. amphib army-> flav. milt army etc, but couldn't make em or upgrade em.

BTW, this is C3C v1.22

Are you talking about civ-specific tech trees?

CivCube said:
Are you talking about civ-specific tech trees?

Nope, 'CIV-Specific' armies. I wanna know if we can get a leader via combat. Make the leader into a army, and upgrade it (depending on the civilization) into a certain kind of army. I was thinking along the lines of Romans getting a army with 600 shields and 4 capacity +1 with pentagon; Viking an army of 200 shields, 2 capacity + amphibious; monogol an army of 3 capacity, + 2 movement etc.

Nope .

That would require a totally different engine from the one Civ 3 has.

YES!!! you have to add new unit which you will name ArmyM(eg for mongols) provide it with the stats you want and make it available only to the specific civ.repeat for any other civ
about adding units check:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=71114

Garbarsardar.jr said:
YES!!! you have to add new unit which you will name ArmyM(eg for mongols) provide it with the stats you want and make it available only to the specific civ.repeat for any other civ
about adding units check:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=71114

Intersting idea but ... I don't want it as a builable unit early on. Armies can't be built till the military academy is completed, but if I make 'em buildable:

1) Militaristic Civs will start to crank em out as fast as possible; or
2) Not produce em at all when at war.

I actually tried this option early on, but the AI (spain) started producing the army before even researching any other techs. I gave 'cheap' amphib. armies to viking civs (Scandanavia, Netherlands, Celts), and they produced more than one, but loaded em with only one unit???

I guess it is hard-coded cuz no matter what I try, there is always some flaw in the upgrade path.

I think that you cannot and should not bypass the MA... but probably you could mod the MA changing the prerequisite from Military Tradition to say Iron working. If you keep evrything else in the editor the same as for the original Army unit I dont think that you will unbalance the game

About loading I've seen AI army with a tank, cavalry, and guerilla...go figure...lol

The idea sounds good, but it is always restricted to armies which are built by the civs - the great problem are the MGLs which will always convert in the same unit.It isn't even possible to make the giving always the up-to-date army if you use upgradable armies with for exemaple increasing capacity (beside the way to increase it with wonders as the Pentagon) - the MGL will always give the same unit.

Top Bottom