Civ v: Changing distance between cities

Nitram15

Pro Libertate!
There is a very annoying thing in Civ: city restriction. I mean, you can't build a city 2 tiles next to it. I found a mod to eliminate this, but i didn't download it and can't find now. Can anybody help? How can I eliminate this restriction? A LUA script? Or XML?

XML.

It's controlled by the MIN_CITY_RANGE value in GlobalDefines.xml

Of course, lowering it will often result in the AI building cities ridiculously close to each other on a regular basis.

For some long time I didnt been here so first greetings to all...:)
Ok I have one question about civ v...I want to change yield distance from building new city,in game you must be four(4) yields away from another city and I would like to change in 2 or 3 yields...
Please guys what files do I need to change..
I am really sorry if I start this thread in wrong place but I know that The_J will forgive me...:mischief:
Thx guys....

hi guys. I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I was wondering if you could give me a hand. I changed the MIN_CITY_RANGE to 1 in the globaldefines.xml, but when I try and play the game, it still will not let me place cities closer together than 4 tiles. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help please.

If you are playing Gods and Kings there are TWO sets of some files (GlobalDefines.xml being one of the ones that are duplicated)

The "vanilla" (ie plain Civ 5) ones are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\Gameplay\XML" whereas the G&K ones are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML"

Sounds like you have G&K and edited the vanilla ones

If you are playing Gods and Kings there are TWO sets of some files (GlobalDefines.xml being one of the ones that are duplicated)

The "vanilla" (ie plain Civ 5) ones are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\Gameplay\XML" whereas the G&K ones are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML"

Sounds like you have G&K and edited the vanilla ones

That fixed it. Thanks a bunch!!

Top Bottom