1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ V GOTY announced

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by comatosedragon, Sep 14, 2011.

1. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

2. XRW175P6MQ4

XRW175P6MQ4 Warlord

I might buy it if the sum of the DLC's included at sale price is more expensive than the GOTY edition. They would be pretty stupid to do that though IMO. I only care about the extra civs though.

3. baldfalk

baldfalk Warlord

Why would anyone buy the GOTY edition (and by extension, why would the GOTY even exist) if the sum of all included DLC was cheaper?

4. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Missing DLCs and I really don't need yet another map making program yet. Too early, I'll pass.

5. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

I quit!

I quit!

Damn you.

Waited till after i bought all the dlcs. And i waited for months to get them. Couldn't do it earlier firaxis. How did you do this. !!!

:c5angry:
    :c5unhappy:
    :c5happy:

6. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That's then the second GOTY...man, these marketing people need some new ideas for names.

7. dexters

There was another GOTY? I was looking up Civ5 on Amazon they only listed the original edition.

8. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Meh, seems the marketing people also have to become a bit international :wallbash:.
    -> sorry, forgot it, seems there was no english language GOTY, but at least a german (and AFAIK also french) GOTY before.
    We had a thread about it, see here.

9. XRW175P6MQ4

XRW175P6MQ4 Warlord

There's already about 35 bucks worth (at normal price) of DLC listed. I don't know what they might charge for GOTY but if it's much less than what a new game costs 50-60$ then it could be a good deal just for the DLC.

Besides theres lots of people that didn't buy the game that may be swayed to buy the game if the DLC is bundled with it. Then there's the folks like me that may not have bought the DLC otherwise. Notes: I'll probably buy the DLC next steam sale. Then there's those that don't like to use credit cards....etc.

Think about it for a sec. They already have the money from people that will pay full price for their stuff.

10. MoonFlare

MoonFlare Prince

No korea and wonders DLC in it.

11. spicytimothy

spicytimothy Warlord

Hmm... I was hoping for an expansion, although with all the DLC contents I doubt there will ever be one...

12. Ellye

Ellye Warlord

An "expansion-sized" DLC is pretty much a no-brainer, though, considering that Civilization V was a huge commercial success.

13. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

New edition of Civ5 = meh.

14. anandus

anandus Errorist

So it's the same as the march GOTY, but the only difference being the Danish are included?

I wonder how much it is, then, as the first GOTY was around €20. So this will also be something like that? €25, maybe?
    Edit:
    The First GOTY is €22,49 at Play.com
    This is Civ 5 with Babylon, Spain, Inca, Polynesia and the maps.

I must say it's a bit odd to release two GOTY's in the same year.
    "Game of the Year! Twice!" :p

15. dexters

They are not going to announce an expansion for release this year without first previewing it at a tradeshow like Gamescon or E3 or have a long 6 month lead time to promote it. So that window closed long ago.

GOTY obviously is to get new users in-time for the holidays. Here's to hoping we hear something next year.

16. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

:lol: at civ V getting GOTY accolades.

17. aguds

aguds Warlord

Is GOTY an actual award, or just something they slap on the title themselves(Firaxis)?

18. anandus

anandus Errorist

No, it's not an actual reward, it just means 'the game with all the DLC or expansions up to date'.

Many publishers use the GOTY-label to sell packages of "Game X - Complete Edition (up until now)" :)

19. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Deity

This is strange I allready bout a game civilization 5 game of the year edition its my civilization 5 game with spain inca and babylon and mongolia and plyensia with the
    3 senario's

So this only ads denmark ?

Note I live in europe netherlands maybe only europe or special europe editon dont know it

Bought it in a store not on steam

20. anandus

anandus Errorist

Yes, it only adds Denmark and Explorers.
    Probably the cheapest way is to buy the old GOTY and buy Denmark seperately.

But! Maybe there's some regional restriction? Maybe the first GOTY was for Europe and this GOTY is for North America or something? If not then it's cheapest to get the march GOTY and Denmark DLC, otherwise you're paying $20 for Denmark :p (if the price indeed is $49. 99)