1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ V HOF Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 22 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Sir Bugsy for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Emperor, Domination, Epic, Large, Highlands, Inca (Pachacuti) [BNW] game for 7585 points.

zenmaster was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.aafritz17 was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.Sclb was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.Sir Bugsy was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
    Sclb - 1856 AD, Turn 298, 1218 points, Deity, Diplomacy, Standard, Huge, Continents, Brazil (Pedro II) [BNW]
    Sir Bugsy - 975 BC, Turn 121, 2306 points, Deity, Domination, Epic, Duel, Great Plains, Huns (Attila) [BNW]

2. aafritz17

aafritz17 Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

September gauntlets are visible in HOF.

zenmaster likes this.
  3. zenmaster

zenmaster Chieftain Supporter

Thanks for that!

I just submitted a game for the September domination gauntlet but saw afterward the update hasn't happened yet. Will it get counted for the gauntlet OK?

4. zenmaster

I know the September gauntlet forums aren't posted yet, but I love the any civ Domination gauntlet vs all the heavyweight military civs. I went Greece first for the Hoplites/Companions and city-state bonus which helps with happiness. Hoplites were useful as city-takers, but the Companions came too late to be of substantive help. In 1st try, Zulus were furthest and too much of an Impi buzzsaw populating rough terrain to beat in any reasonable time. The 2nd game, which I submitted, the Zulus were also last-- The good news is they sent their main force off to liberate Assur from me, allowing me an easy run at their capital. Bad news is I had to backtrack and retake Assur, but it wasn't too long.

Looking at also trying Egypt (The war chariots not needing horses is a key), Poland (always good), and Byzantium with its dromons (choosing the Islands option in the Tilted Axis map settings)

5. vadalaz

vadalaz Chieftain

I really like the idea of having mandatory opponents in "any leader" gauntlets, specifically those civs that you'd normally choose to play as. It forces you to spend some time thinking about the (sub-optimal) leader choice and/or try different approaches, rather than just going with the usual Huns for DomV, Spain for anything else.

zenmaster likes this.
  6. Ozbenno

Yes games submitted before the update will be valid for the gauntlet. Should get on to that soon.....

7. zenmaster

Valid for the September (not August) gauntlet though?

8. Ozbenno

Yes, still valid for the September gauntlet.

9. aafritz17

aafritz17 Chieftain Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Sorry, all, I traveled a bit this week (Monday was a US holiday), thought I would be able to work on the update sooner. I checked the August submissions today, so I'm no longer road-blocking @Ozbenno!

Excellent, exactly what I was hoping for! What happens is, I get some idea of a setup, play a test game or two, then make a gauntlet of it. But you better players always think of an approach that I hadn't considered, and which often minimizes the challenge that I had in mind. Maybe this time I got it right. :)

zenmaster likes this.
  10. zenmaster

Hope you had nice travels. Thanks for the great work on the gauntlets!

aafritz17 likes this.