Civ V Mod can be selected, isn't available in leader selection.

Oli D

Chieftain
Hello,
I am very new to modding in Civ V and Lua script as a whole, and I've been interested in making my own Civ.

I loaded up a file of the Celts and began to modify it.

Right now, I wanted to load my mod up and test it in its very unfinished state.

When I load it up in Civ V, it is available to be selected and when I do, my Civ is not available to be selected in the list. A few hours ago, it was, however, but it just went straight to a blank screen.

Is there any way to fix this? Help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Rin Kagamine (v 1).zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 49
None of these should be set as import="1"
Code:
  <Files>
    <File md5="48FA381A5D8BE30C2682DD7164272D22" import="1">XML/Buildings.xml</File>
    <File md5="E5419197BA7952220BF88B57FC02FDAA" import="1">XML/Civilization.xml</File>
    <File md5="87D69560A6B59835530A03EBBF6F699D" import="1">XML/DiplomacyResponses.xml</File>
    <File md5="15CB03ACABBFFBBA5977A82A979B02B1" import="1">XML/Leader.xml</File>
    <File md5="533B6ED3BACE4186BC5AC3F806017C4F" import="1">XML/Trait.xml</File>
    <File md5="30C6E32F3928DA04F726CDD8F3C5D7C5" import="1">XML/Units.xml</File>
  </Files>
They are xml files the contents of which are to be loaded into the game's database, therefore the files are never loaded in the game's VFS.

whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial

--------------------------------------------------------

Your entire civilizations file is being rejected by the game because of this fatal error:
Code:
  <Civilization_FreeTechs>
    <Row>
      <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_KAGAMINE</CivilizationType>
      <TechType>TECH_AGRICULTURE</TechType>
		<TechType>TECH_RADIO</TechType>
		<TechType>TECH_ROBOTICS</TechType>
		<TechType>TECH_DRAMA</TechType>
    </Row>
  </Civilization_FreeTechs>
You must have a seperate <Row>--</Row> set for each of these <TechType> specifications. No single row within a game-table can ever contain the same column-name more than once.

------------------------------------------------

You've properly assigned BUILDING_VOCALOID_HOUSE to the BUILDINGCLASS_OPERA_HOUSE, but you did not tell your civ to use it. You told your civ to use BUILDING_CEILIDH_HALL:
Code:
  <Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>
    <Row>
      <CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_KAGAMINE</CivilizationType>
      <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_OPERA_HOUSE</BuildingClassType>
      <BuildingType>BUILDING_CEILIDH_HALL</BuildingType>
    </Row>
  </Civilization_BuildingClassOverrides>

------------------------------------------------

So far as I can see your mod does not contain a definition for this ART_DEF_UNIT_U_KAGAMINE_WARRIOR so the unit will show as a spearman. Spearman as I recall is the default when the game cannot find the referenced Unit ART_DEF.

Top Bottom