Civ V on tablet (Dell Venue 8 Pro)

beestar

subdeity
This is pretty cool - Civ V running on a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet (Windows 8.1, 2GB RAM, Intel's recent 'Bay Trail' Atom processor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KtQ98JQNe5w#t=590

It would be great to be able to play Civ V on the go. It doesn't even seem much slower than my Core i5 desktop. Though presumably it would slow down a lot in the end game.

The Dell Venue 8 Pro was on a $200 sale a while ago. That's pretty amazing for a tablet that runs full Windows. And Civ V would be a lot more fun than a portable app like Angry Birds ...

Anyone else try it?

Saw this and it does look interesting. It would be good to see how it handles itself in the latter half of a game. Heaven help us if it goes well!

Civ V plays well on my roomie's Asus T100, about as well as it does on my desktop, except it is only 1366 vs. my desktop's 1920.

I've got a Galaxy note and I've been wondering if I could run civ on it, not really excited for it though since it's just easier to play on the PC, also not entirely sure about the payment for it, don't really want to pay for the game twice just to be able to play on tablet as well, but it does look good on the tablet, and it's obviously VERY nice for people (like myself) who spend a lot of time travelling.

Galaxy Note is an Android device, isn't it? At best you could run the scaled-down Civ Revolutions, or perhaps some sort of remote login program that would connect to your PC.

I've got a Galaxy note and I've been wondering if I could run civ on it, not really excited for it though since it's just easier to play on the PC, also not entirely sure about the payment for it, don't really want to pay for the game twice just to be able to play on tablet as well, but it does look good on the tablet, and it's obviously VERY nice for people (like myself) who spend a lot of time travelling.
Civ V being a stream game, it would be able to be played on any OS that supports it, in this case, PC and Mac, without repurchase. Sadly, as noted, Galaxy Note is Android.

Also, game will probably only work well on PC tablets with Bay Trail or regular Intel chips.

Oh, well that's kind of , although I didn't exactly have my hopes up. Good luck to those of you who want it on tablet

Edit: Really? Sh!tty is blocked?

Civ V plays well on my roomie's Asus T100, about as well as it does on my desktop, except it is only 1366 vs. my desktop's 1920.

If it plays well on the T100, then it should play just as well on all the other Baytrail Windows 8.1 tablets that have just come out; Miix2, Venue 8 pro, Toshiba Encore, Acer W4, etc.

Although, the T100 is a 10" screen whereas the others I mentioned are only 8". I don't know if it is worth playing on anything less than a 10".

Temptation growing to justify a Windows tablet even though I already have an iPad mini ...

I'm seriously torn between an iPad that'll run Games Workshop's digital rulebooks and fit in my existing setup, and a Wintab that'll run Civ 4 & 5.

I'm seriously torn between an iPad that'll run Games Workshop's digital rulebooks and fit in my existing setup, and a Wintab that'll run Civ 4 & 5.

A Windows tab can run Civ IV, but its not designed for touch like V is. Just so you know.

Top Bottom