1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ V Patch?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by NubianMercenary, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NubianMercenary

NubianMercenary Warlord

Just wondering how do I download it and install it?

I don't have a Steam account, and haven't done anything to do with Steam since Counter Strike lol :mischief:.

Is there a standalone installer for the Patch or?

I brought Civ V from the local PC Retailers, didn't download it via Steam or D2D etc -

Cheers.

2. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

The patch can only be downloaded through Steam. Make an account, put the game under your account or something and the game auto updates. :)

3. NubianMercenary

NubianMercenary Warlord

*edit*

Ok cool, I'll try that.

Cheers

4. Sonereal

Well, you go to the Games tab at the top and Activate a Product I believe.

5. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

You don't have a Steam account, but are playing the game (else you wouldn't need the patch, right?)?

Very obscure....
    I would say, you are having a pirated copy and now you're in trouble.

6. Sonereal

I was thinking that as well but meh, I wasn't about to call him out on it. It would've been hillarious if he tried to patch a pirated copy of a game with Steam. Ask anyone whose ever tried to pirate Garry's mod.

It's possible but its near impossible to update and given just how often it updates (three times since the Civ5 patch was released), things get interesting quickly.

7. Krall

Krall Warlord

I thought you couldn't even play the game without Steam?

8. General Tso

General Tso Panzer General

Double click on the Steam shortcut to open the Steam program. Go to the Library section to start your game. The game will update automatically when Steam is started as long as you are in online mode (which is the default).

9. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

You say you have nothing to do with Steam and yet it is required to play the game. Meaning, you have a pirated copy and piracy is not tolerated on these forums.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: The thread creator has assured me that his game is not pirated, so I will take him at his word. However, thread still closed as question is asked and answered. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.