Civ V, The Complete Edition

civ-wrecked

Chieftain
I just bought Civ V The Complete Edition from Amazon. It came with one DVD. I installed it and it apparently had the original Civ V only with no installation options to get the extensions.
I had the game with all the addons/extensions before but I misplaced the various DVDs as usual so I bought this one so I would not have to search for the old DVDs since this package is cheap enough :(.
So, my questions are, if you're familiar with this package:
1) Are there supposed to be one DVD in the package or three ?
2) If there is only one, how is the installation supposed to work to provide the complete game with all the extensions ?
Thanks

Basically the disc contains the core elements, and the DLC is downloaded and installed from Steam.

That is why it is called downloadable content (DLC).

I found the reason why my Civ V installation did not work when I installed CIV VI :). When I installed Civ VI, it prompted me for the product code. When I installed the Civ V Complete Edition, it did not. I suspected that the Steam site still used the previous Civ V version that I did not have the DLCs and kept using it without knowing that I'm using a new copy of Civ V.
I looked around at the Steam site and was about to ask for technical support when I found a little button in the bottom left corner called "Add a new game". I tried that and claimed I had a new Civ V game and it prompted me for the product code. That worked.

Top Bottom