1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ V, The Complete Edition

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by civ-wrecked, Sep 27, 2017.

1. civ-wrecked

civ-wrecked Chieftain

I just bought Civ V The Complete Edition from Amazon. It came with one DVD. I installed it and it apparently had the original Civ V only with no installation options to get the extensions.
    I had the game with all the addons/extensions before but I misplaced the various DVDs as usual so I bought this one so I would not have to search for the old DVDs since this package is cheap enough :(.
    So, my questions are, if you're familiar with this package:
    1) Are there supposed to be one DVD in the package or three ?
    2) If there is only one, how is the installation supposed to work to provide the complete game with all the extensions ?
    Thanks

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

You will download the updates from Steam. Steam should do that automatically.

civ-wrecked likes this.
  3. SLGray

SLGray King

Basically the disc contains the core elements, and the DLC is downloaded and installed from Steam.

That is why it is called downloadable content (DLC).

civ-wrecked likes this.
  4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

And for that purpose, the two expansions (Gods and Kings and Bravery New World) are just over-sized DLC.

civ-wrecked likes this.
  5. civ-wrecked

civ-wrecked Chieftain

I found the reason why my Civ V installation did not work when I installed CIV VI :). When I installed Civ VI, it prompted me for the product code. When I installed the Civ V Complete Edition, it did not. I suspected that the Steam site still used the previous Civ V version that I did not have the DLCs and kept using it without knowing that I'm using a new copy of Civ V.
    I looked around at the Steam site and was about to ask for technical support when I found a little button in the bottom left corner called "Add a new game". I tried that and claimed I had a new Civ V game and it prompted me for the product code. That worked.