Civ V

5StarGen.Xeno

Chieftain
So I heard that Rhye was retiring from mod making so does this mean he won't be making an RFC for Civ V?

So I heard that Rhye was retiring from mod making so does this mean he won't be making an RFC for Civ V?

I thought he wasn't sure about it. I only know for sure he is retired from Civ IV-modding and he doesn't made any promises for Civ V.

No doubt he will check out Civ V and maybe he will get inspired again...

I'm pretty sure he would wait for expansions that had Spain and the Incans in it.

Incans can be represented with a city state. But Rhye has said he is concerned about a lack of Spain. (My personal opinion is that the upcoming double dlc contains Spain paired with either Incans or Portugeuse.)

Poland :lol: (sorry, had to say it.)

Poland :lol: (sorry, had to say it.)

RFC just wont be the same without Poland.

They also left out Mongolia and Mali. Songhai is pretty much a direct swap for Mali. I would pick Ottomans over Mongols any day but it seems that a lot of people like Mongolia.

I think I'll mod out Mongolia as playable Civ in my own version of RFC and script the Civ historically instead. Because the AI simply isn't going to do what its supposed to.

This has been discussed already. The fan community will have to make it.

I never said that.
I gave no guarantees, but my intention is to make it, when it's possible for me to work on it. Considering I also ahve to learn Lua, and that there isn't Spain yet, I hope that Christmas time will be an appropriate time for an alpha release.

I never said that.
I gave no guarantees, but my intention is to make it, when it's possible for me to work on it. Considering I also ahve to learn Lua, and that there isn't Spain yet, I hope that Christmas time will be an appropriate time for an alpha release.
You're planning to do an awful lot in three month's time. When you say "learn Lua", is this like in the Matrix where you just download it to your brain in a matter of seconds and get to work? ;)

Also noticed civs missing from Civ 4:
- Spain
- Portugal
- Netherlands
- Maya
- Inca
- Ethiopia
- Carthage
- Viking
- Mongolia

- Mali (though Songhai is similar, I guess)
- Khmer (though Siam is similar in location)
- Babylon (DLC)

Is RFC possible without these?

Incans can be represented with a city state. But Rhye has said he is concerned about a lack of Spain. (My personal opinion is that the upcoming double dlc contains Spain paired with either Incans or Portugeuse.)

If the Portuguese are in, the Dutch must be in too!

Spoiler :
...in my humble unbiased opinion.

You're planning to do an awful lot in three month's time. When you say "learn Lua", is this like in the Matrix where you just download it to your brain in a matter of seconds and get to work? ;)

I stated "alpha". Which doesn't mean "beta". It could be just the map with spawn dates and auto-play.
If anybody remembers Catapult alphas, that's what I'm talking about.

Also noticed civs missing from Civ 4:
- Spain
- Portugal
- Netherlands
- Maya
- Inca
- Ethiopia
- Carthage
- Viking
- Mongolia

- Mali (though Songhai is similar, I guess)
- Khmer (though Siam is similar in location)
- Babylon (DLC)

Is RFC possible without these?
IIRC Portugal, Netherlands, Maya, Ethiopia, Carthage, Babylon, Khmer, Mali and Viking were missing on initial release of Civ V, so that only leaves Spain, Inca and Mongolia

Spain needs to be in and Inca can be represented by city states

I'm not all into the Civ5 discussion ... what's 2K's stance on DLC in mods?

Yeah, that's about how it works. But seriously, Lua is a remarkably simple (yet powerful) language which one could learn in a day (being good at is, of course, a different matter).

Top Bottom