1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

civ vi blocks my screen saver

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by madeirabhoy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy Chieftain

dont see anyone else mentioning this, but when i have civ vi opened, either in foreground or background, my screensaver doesnt kick in. this is really annoying as i tend to leave games like civ open all the time.

the screen saver works if i move set it to work on a hot corner and move the cursor to that corner, but the energy saver settings dont kick in then.

2. madeirabhoy

madeirabhoy Chieftain

am i really the only person this affects?

3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I think most people expect the screensaver NOT to kick in when playing Civ ....

4. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

My "screen saver" is the screen goes black... I can go downstairs to get a drink and when I go back upstairs, the screen is black, so it's not a long delay.

This does not happen when I'm playing civ6. I'll walk away from the game and come back in the morning and the screen is still lit and ready for me. I have not tried this with a different screen open (ie with civ6 in the background).

So it's not just you, it just doesn't bother me.