Civ VI diplomacy screen issue

Yggdrasill61

Chieftain
Hey everyone. New here (but have played since the original civ) and looking for help.

I recently upgraded to Big Sur (OSX 11.1) and have a weird glitch with the diplomacy negotiation screen. Basically, if I select "Deal" or "Alliance" etc., it takes me to a screen that says, :"What can I do for you?" at the top and underneath are green, blue and red buttons for "Accept Deal", Demand Deal, What would it take?, and Resume. Underneath that are the two columns with MY OFFER and THEIR OFFER.

But below that nothing shows up: no resources, no cities, no "join war" etc. All the things you would normally negotiate. Pushing the aforementioned buttons does nothing.

I deleted and reinstalled - same issue?

Has any one else experience this? Aspyr has nothing on their site and a google search turned up zilch.

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue, too. I'm playing on a 2020 13" MBP running the most recent version of Big Sur (11.2.3).

Attached are screen shots including the list of current mods I'm using, my current version of Civ VI, and two examples of these unplayable interactions.

Do any Civ gurus have insight about how/why this is happening? Is this an Aspyr issue or is this due to one of my mods? Please help!

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot of version played.png
    Screen shot of version played.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 104
  • Screen shot of mods installed, 1 of 2.png
    Screen shot of mods installed, 1 of 2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 87
  • Screen shot of mods installed, 2 of 2.png
    Screen shot of mods installed, 2 of 2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 118
  • Screen shot of empty diplomacy, 1 of 2.png
    Screen shot of empty diplomacy, 1 of 2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 120
  • Screen shot of empty diplomacy, 2 of 2.png
    Screen shot of empty diplomacy, 2 of 2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 335
Hey OP, I just looked this up in the forums on Steam and there is a mod that fixes this issue for now. It's called the 'Better Deal Window' and is available in the Workshop section of Civ VI on Steam.
I just tried it out and it seems to have solved the issue. Hope this helps!

Hey OP, I just looked this up in the forums on Steam and there is a mod that fixes this issue for now. It's called the 'Better Deal Window' and is available in the Workshop section of Civ VI on Steam.
I just tried it out and it seems to have solved the issue. Hope this helps!

Hey thanks for the info. Will check out the steam fix.

I am running CIV with no mods, so I don't think it is a mod issue. I hope you report your problem to Aspyr; they are ignoring me. Power in numbers.

Top Bottom