Resource icon

Civ VI Experience

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
Victoria submitted a new resource:

Civ VI Experience - A guide on how XP works in Civ VI

Civ VI Experience - XP
Units gain experience for actions taken. This experience can be increased using cards or governments or legacy bonuses. Experience is rounded up to the next whole number.
Promotions are not covered here, there are many lists on google.
Experience bar
When you select a unit a thin bar shows at the bottom of the unit panel depicting how much XP...

Read more about this resource...

I think all buildings that boosts xp work in the same way, i.e. they boost only units trained in this city where the building is built. Difference is only split into domains, i.e. land, naval and air boosted respectively by Encampment, Harbor and Aerodrome.

Great Guide.
When is XP not given
I know you've said this elsewhere in the guide, but I think it should be repeated here: Units waiting for promotion do not receive XP

Scouting XP
It's probably worth mentioning that the XP for discovering Natural Wonders is per-civilization, not global.

Great Guide.
When is XP not given
I know you've said this elsewhere in the guide, but I think it should be repeated here: Units waiting for promotion do not receive XP

Scouting XP
It's probably worth mentioning that the XP for discovering Natural Wonders is per-civilization, not global.

With a guide you can end up repeating everything everywhere but as it’s specific it’s fair advice, thanks
For the scouting I’ll clarify it’s the first time you meet it.

Sorry to necro this, but I have seen walkthroughs on YouTube showing units gaining promotions to Tier II from only 7XP. Is the current value of EXPERIENCE_NEEDED_FOR_NEXT_LEVEL_MULTIPLIER=5 the result of a patch? I have been having significant trouble obtaining the You're the Demonstrably Greatest achievement which seems to be mostly due to the fact that I cannot get units to the proper levels, as compared to what I see in the YT videos.

Top Bottom