Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Everybody's favorite culture monger concentrated too much on producing artsy types, not enough on defense. Now they're all on the verge of being swallowed up!

Oh well, they can paint dramatic canvases and play sad songs lamenting their defeat. :)

Edit: On a side note, why the heck would you build an encampment behind some trees so it can't help defend your capital? Maybe the artsy types probably thought it looked best nestled amidst the woods.

I've seen that before, I've actually lost a city to to a CS before on Diety. Not my proudest moment.
I once did on King. But that was in Civ V. It was actually a former Iroquois city I conquered as Suleiman. Hiawatha tried to re-conquer Onondaga from me, and some City-States declared war on me to help Hiawatha. My army and navy were almost destroyed in my long (and lost) conquest of Gao, and I moved the restored units to the borders of Germany, so I couldn't focus on protection of both cities. So I focused on keeping Onondaga, as I was going for a domination victory. The other Iroquois city was conquered in about ten turns, and then it was razed. But I was actually glad to get rid of it - it was a small city with low production and it was on a small island. Also, it caused me unhappiness.

Yeah... That Gandhi joke never gets old...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20170816035004_1.jpg
    20170816035004_1.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 257
She looks constipated . . . or finally getting over it :sad:

I don't think this is going to end well.

On turn 21 my new capital is swarmed with barbarian horsemen and horse archers from three directions. I've got two scouts out exploring, my original warrior is hiding in the trees hoping nobody notices him and my slinger has more targets than he knows what to do with. The newly-minted builder cowers inside a building.

If you're interested in a blow-by-blow account, check the spoiler below.

Spoiler :

Turn 22: My warrior is half dead. The slinger put a dent in the horse archer before he moved away but yet another horse archer showed up from the west.

Turn 23: Yup, he's dead. Oh young warrior, we hardly knew ye. Slinger managed to take out one of the horsemen.

Turn 25: A barbarian scout shows up to witness the carnage. Briefly distracted, the mounted barbarians do not attack the city but wait to picked off by my slinger. New warrior is almost ready!

Turn 27: Slinger and new warrior pick off the horse archer. Sensing the tide is turning, the barbarian scout hightails it into the countryside.

Turn 28: Last barbarian horseman is defeated. Civilians celebrate the return of peace. But those damn barbarian camps are still out there, no doubt churning out more mounted enemies. Hopefully my warrior can heal before they arrive.

Now I have to build another couple of warriors to destroy those pesky camps.

Last edited:
Australia and Spain, and that Spanish settler can't settle there (too close to Sydney and Newcastle) and neither unit can walk anywhere else (closed borders).

Once Sydney expands its culture borders to include that tile, those units should teleport outside the borders, so it won't be "FOREVER"

Why is the fleur-de-lys representing Spain?

Please don't say that the current Spanish dynasty is the French House of Bourbon.

Thanks for your reply! I fear it doesn't answer my question though..

Top Bottom