1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    Hmmm, my guess is that it has something to do with that new lake natural wonder in R&F that looks like Pepto Bismol... you know, some sort of acid rain fallout.

:p

2. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

I'm not trying to be offensive to the Dutch people or anything, but I guess too many people in Haarlem have decided to visit a Coffeeshop. One of them was Wilhelmina, and after that, she has decided to take a helicopter trip and this is what she has seen :crazyeye:

Weraptor likes this.
  3. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I'm so confused. So a coffeeshop sells drugs, and a café might sell coffee or might just be a bar? How do you people function with such jumbled terminology? :crazyeye:

4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It really depends on the country in which you are what a café or coffee shop is. Isn't a coffee shop in the US more of a restaurant instead of a "coffeehouse"?

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

No, other way around. A café is usually a small restaurant that serves sandwiches and small things like that (often but not necessarily only open for lunch, usually with outdoor dining available), but will probably have coffee available as well. A coffee shop is a place that primarily serves coffee, tea, and pastries, the most famous being Charbucks, but find a local roaster if you actually want good coffee. :p

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

In the US a cafe is a small restaurant, while a coffeeshop primarily sells coffee, but might also have snacks or light food.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I don't really get it either. I think a place to buy coffee would be a coffee house.

Zaarin likes this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

In a few localized areas around me, "Cafe" is a euphemism for Video Slot Machine parlor. Legally, they have to serve some kind of food/drink, and aren't allowed to advertise gambling, so the sign outside typically says "Cafe and More." :D

9. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

I can't think of a Dutch bar that wouldn't serve coffee, and I can't think of a café that wouldn't serve alcohol.
    Café = modest food (often times full meals, but stuff that's easy to make like chips/fries and steak) and drink.
    Kroeg (Dutch for bar) = alcohol.
    Coffeeshop = weed.

It's not jumbled, it's just different from what you know ; ) What's more wondrous is how many dialects and tonal differences in language there are on such a small piece of land.

Well, café comes from the same word root as coffee, so Dutch people serve Coffee at a café, entirely logical to me. I guess using it for a place to sell weed is so it's less obvious in times when it was still frowned upon more.
    Still, Dutch people are trailing behind on the US when it comes to the selling of weed. Over there, at least in some states, it's completely legal, where the Dutch still have this bizar grey area thing going on. Allowed to grow a bit, keep a bit, smoke a bit, buy it if you go to a coffeeshop, not sell it to a coffeeshop, and a coffeeshop may sell but not buy... 0.o

Zaarin likes this.
  10. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I know. :p But yeah, the linguistic diversity in Europe is fantastic (though sadly shrinking as prestige dialects slowly but steadily kill off other dialects and minority languages--especially in places like France, where minority languages like Gallo and Occitan are nearing extinction and Breton and Norman are declining).

Vandlys likes this.
  11. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You guys certainly veer off topic a lot... :lol:

12. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Maybe.

I don't need an invitation for this one though, if it gets moved to PMs.

Zaarin and Vandlys like this.
  13. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

Sorry! : P

Back on topic, I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this.

Whole story:
    I, Robert the Bruce, have been at peace the entire game aside from a small liberation war to free Georgia from the Mapuche.
    Shortly before these screenshots, I got declared war by Japan and Indonesia, not in a joint war. They were both long-term friends, just like the rest of the world.
    I got two betrayal emergencies, to attack and capture Majapahit and Kyoto. I accepted both emergencies.
    To my surprise, Japan is taking part in the emergency against Indonesia (along with some others). The other emergency also has more partakers against Japan.
    I move my ships to Majapahit and start bombarding the Indonesian capital.
    Japan takes a while longer because it's not in reach of my ships. When I do get there though, I find I cannot attack Japan. As it turns out, their partaking in the emergency has forced peace between us. I will have to wait 15 turns and get a war penalty.
    Since I'm nearing a science victory I thought 'Well, they started it, let's finish it...', so I attack Japan.
    Shortly after I attack Japan I take the Indonesian capital. Emergency one solved.
    New emergency pops up, defend Stirling from Indonesia. Strange, but okay. She, apparently, doesn't like it that I declared war on Japan.
    I hover over the picture of Indonesia to see the face of Tamar. Indonesia and I are the only one in the emergency. The details of the emergency state Majapahit. The short version says Stirling.
    I'm still working on emergency number 2 (taking Kyoto from Japan), but for some reason Japan has reached beyond the future tech and received a local 'Fog of War machine' for their capital. I cannot see their city even though I'm standing right next to it.
    The third emergency from Majapahit in the detailed description to Kyoto. I'm thoroughly confused, but playing at a lower difficulty so there is absolutely no threat.
    I win by science victory.

This was not a blitzkrieg but a bugfest. For fanden...

14. Kurnn

Kurnn Chieftain

I discover India.

Ghandi goes "Whaaaambulanse" on me, for no reason what so ever....

Gilgamesh declare war on Ghandi (Without me saying anything).

I freakin love Gilgamesh. =)

15. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

I find it hilarious that one can build golf courses on SNOW, but not on desert (where thousands of golf courses actually exist, and I've played many in places like Nevada and Arizona, but never one on snow, and I live in Canada!) :p :lol:

16. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

That's a lovely city for the Amundsen-Scott Research Station. (I once built that and St. Basil's in one city. That city went from mediocre to one of the best cities in my empire. :p )

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I suspect that is an example of gameplay>realism. They must somehow be too potent on desert tiles, I guess. I don't see how, but whatever.

Zaarin likes this.
  18. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I don't really see how. Both Snow and Desert have no base yield...I guess there's no Snow Petra yet and no Snow oases...

Banazir864 likes this.
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

I'm currently trying to do that in my Korea game. I already have St. Basils built. I'm trying to make it catch up to my Petra and Eye of the Sahara city.
    I'm thinking it's only like that because Scotland has no golf courses built in a desert but plenty of them can get covered in snow.

Zaarin likes this.
  20. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The art asset team should have created a Curling Rink in place of Golf Courses for Snow and Tundra tiles.

If Brazil can have two unique districts, then why can't Scotland have two unique improvements?

Zaarin and WillowBrook like this.