Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

I'm not exactly sure how this lake qualifies as a lake, it seems to be a little open to the ocean. :) Even funnier, this city site qualified me for the sailing tech boost (see bottom right side). This is with Ynamp mod terra map, so that's one reason for strange things happening with this map. This is a strange map because of the large number of natural wonders in the game.

@Gedemon
It would be great if it were fixed.

I'm not exactly sure how this lake qualifies as a lake, it seems to be a little open to the ocean. :) Even funnier, this city site qualified me for the sailing tech boost (see bottom right side). This is with Ynamp mod terra map, so that's one reason for strange things happening with this map. This is a strange map because of the large number of natural wonders in the game.

I love how that looks though. Weirdly fun!

More weirdly fun. 3 wonders all next to each other. Although not too strange when you realize this is a terra map with Earth shaped continents. So you have Crater Lake, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon all adjacent to each other. But even weirder when you look where Yosemite and Crater lake are on the picture. The normal Grand Canyon graphics aren't showing, but you can see it in the tooltip, and it is giving the appropriate yields.

I kind of want to settle a city there. Because it's a terra map, barbs are pretty strong over there, though I don't see any in this immediate vicinity. And I started in Southern Africa, so it's really far from me. Too bad all those national wonders aren't on land, I can just imagine what holy site bonuses might be there or land tile yields.

For the record my current mods are: ynamp of course, Grand Canyon, Blue Hole, Loyal capitals, and Gold resource. Ran large size terra map with earth shaped continents I believe.

edit: Just discovered delicate arch just to the right of the goody hut on the map. I'm definitely going to settle that area. And I live in that area irl as well, so it's important to me.

Last edited:
So I figured I'd play one last game of Rise & Fall before Gathering Storm comes out and... well, this is an interesting start alright

To the north is just a CS and then a dead end. I literally can't go south down to Arabia; the mountain range covers the whole horizontal span of the continent except for one tile on the west coast which is right where Saladin decided to place Jeddah

Also bit ironic that I got all these amazing nooks and crannies in the mountains when I'm playing as Korea so I can't even get any science adjacency bonuses from them, rip

Catapults supported by...drones.
Spoiler :
upload_2019-2-14_18-14-7.png

Poundmaker really likes space
Spoiler :
Cree can into space.png

Poundmaker really likes space

He really liked space in my game too, but actually this is a fairly okay strategy. The reason why it's good is because the end game projects with the earth/space lasers can be conducted multiple times. I won via science and each of my 2 spaceports did about 3 projects each, with a project completing in 3-4 turns.

That's like Germany's wet dream. I kind of like it when city states are out of the way, at least they survive. Though in my Hungary game they weren't around to help me bust barbarians. And yes, as Hungary, I started on the complete opposite end of the continent of all the other city states, which were fairly clumped together.

This is what happened in my game (maybe it is because I don't have GS yet and I don't have the money until the end of the month) but did this happen to anyone else?
I also have a bunch of CS on my peninsula and literally nothing left for the others in my first game (no GS). But it was a thing before too. Literally no place to grow.

That's a restarter LOL. Imagine if the AI was stuck like that.

If only we could transform mountains like in Civ2.

Not sure why.. but i guess the Canadian Rocky Mountains range still has a reputation of multiple Railroads between Montreal & Vancouver!
Thus.. it makes a bunch of sense someone like Wilfrid would keep tunneling through everywhere they could... soon to change his mind and decide to aim for SPACE. :lol:

RockyMountains--Tunnels.png

It's amazing to watch my Priests jumping through loops to prevent Eleanor's Christianity from sweeping my Blue Waterloo ABBA fishes off the map & out of Canada.
Honestly, they should build a few Ski-Resorts and Ice-Rinks somewhere.. instead.
Luckily -- we Swedish have a TANK & a General!

Last edited:
Top Bottom