Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

I'm refering to the fact that Harald is building the GP both very late (see turn timer; it is a standard Speed game and I won I few times later) and in a location where the adjacency bonus is completly wasted. It is surely not the most curious pic in this thread and weak AI behaviour is not uncommon, but the combination here striked my as particularly bizarre.

Ah like that : ) I thought so, but maybe thought he was building the GovPla because the city he'd originally built it in got taken by someone else. If not, it's indeed a very strange thing and very much worthy of being placed in this topic : )

Ah like that : ) I thought so, but maybe thought he was building the GovPla because the city he'd originally built it in got taken by someone else. If not, it's indeed a very strange thing and very much worthy of being placed in this topic : )

Didn't think of that possibilty, but that doesn't seem to be the reason as he didn't loose a city in that game. It has to be said though that at least not a potential "super location" was missed out - even the best places for the GP in his empire would have boosted only two districts.

So, a funny thing happened as I went through the Bermuda triangle. I couldn't get out... couldn't heal... couldn't delete the unit. I just put it to sleep and left it there for the rest of the game.

20200712175502_1.jpg

How come? Pressing the scull icon did nothing?

yeah I see no good reason while you couldn't just disband the unit. Press the + icon on the unit, then then skull icon

You can't disband wounded units - IIRC, this rule was added long ago in a patch to prevent some kind of exploit. As you can see, the skull is simply not there, if the unit isn't at full health:

Spoiler :

DisbandButton.jpg

CantDisbandWoundedUnit.jpg

You can't disband wounded units - IIRC, this rule was added long ago in a patch to prevent some kind of exploit. As you can see, the skull is simply not there, if the unit isn't at full health:

Another thing I never noticed heh ? ;-)

Ah well, honestly, apart from disbanding scouts when I've finished scouting and they're halfway around the globe of my huge map, I never disband, so I guess it's understandable..

Look, it was useful when I started building it, alright?

Attachments

• Useless.png
    Useless.png
    14.9 MB · Views: 331
You can't disband wounded units - IIRC, this rule was added long ago in a patch to prevent some kind of exploit.
Yep, terrible exploit. You could disband a unit and get gold equal to half it's production cost, which led to some serious shenanigans with corps/armadas, Scythia, and others.

In any event this would have been a great time to fire up the tuner and delete the unit that way.

Yep, terrible exploit. You could disband a unit and get gold equal to half it's production cost, which led to some serious shenanigans with corps/armadas, Scythia, and others.

In any event this would have been a great time to fire up the tuner and delete the unit that way.
Oh, yeah, the late Scythian Horse Market, I remember now :) And also denying your opponent XP in hopeless situations. Well, fair enough. Don’t go into the Triangle then :)

So, a funny thing happened as I went through the Bermuda triangle. I couldn't get out... couldn't heal... couldn't delete the unit. I just put it to sleep and left it there for the rest of the game.

View attachment 563361

You gotta destroy the whole world with climate change for that Quadrireme now

View attachment 563361
Welp, at least we know how that lost tribe got all the way up there... have the sailors disembark and join them.

I hear their cuisine revolves mainly around crabs...

Welp, at least we know how that lost tribe got all the way up there... have the sailors disembark and join them.

I hear their cuisine revolves mainly around crabs...

Best snow crab in the world! Come dine here and you'll never want to leave...

Top Bottom