Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

from a recent game, where i was playing as a mahayana buddhist Wu Zetian who eliminated protestantism from the netherlands (they were protesting my proselytism, i assume, as there were no catholics)
i was building out my great wall to make something of the snow cities i settled and came across the funniest idea for where to put christ the redeemer - at the end of a little great wall exclusion zone guarded by a buddhist holy site
now how is this getting me more religious tourism from other religions again? :p
20230124212355_1.jpg

Those snow covered palm trees... :crazyeye:

Kilwa isn't tacky enough... We need something to take away any semblance of culture...
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up to one of the most beautifully built cities in the world; the houses there are entirely made of wood, their rooftops out of rope grass, and it rains with great vigour."

In this wondrous city, Chichen Itza has spontaneously combusted. Soon, the blaze will spread to the tropical forest, changing the fate of the inhabitants. Fortunately, the villagers would have the chance to sojourn at another wonder, the Mausoleum where they can rest a few eternities.

I guess Wildfire loves to bring a 15 Population city to 1 just like this. At least, I can show that the rainforest under Chichen Itza is not removed.

View attachment 648138

Nothing comes in, nothing goes out. Tokugawa approves.
Cyrus on his way to invade Tokugawa when a surprise tornado spawns, ready to obliterate his veteran army of Immortals.

View attachment 653078

So, Tokugawa's advisors finally convinced him that trying to force two cities within the confines of such a tiny peninsula would get too cosy really fast. "We should venture past the eastern mountains" they said. So a Settler was sent and the city of Takamatsu was founded. For many turns the city flourished, relying on trade with Tokyo.

Nothing ever happened on the eastern borders, until one day a Scout appeared, claiming to represent a certain Persia. Nothing else was exchanged, but only a few turns later, armies are seen amassing close to Takamatsu's borders.

"It's those barbarians again trying to enter our precious peninsula!" Tokugawa orders his spiritual leaders to pray really hard for divine intervention, but alas he has yet to found a religion, so when a giant Tornado is seen emerging on the plains adjacent to the invading armies, as if by mockery, the tornado misses the armies entirely and moves west, plunging through Takamatsu, debilitating its defences. It was clear who God - or Gods, or Spirits, or whatever - favoured in the approaching conflict. "And it's all because we angered them by venturing past the eastern mountains!"

Tokugawa orders the remaining survivors to flee the cursed city. As the first returning units approach Tokyo, there are reports of a second horde, two times the size of the first one, approaching from the North. In the words of one soldier, this second horde is commanded by "a raging lunatic of a woman, screaming wololo wololo wololo incessantly, putting fear in our hearts and a little pee in our pants. They already had sufficient troops to capture Takamatsu two times over, so this is just overkill if you ask me."

The very wise sages who gave clearance to sending settlers past the eastern mountains and who were responsible for the self-inflicting tornado now claim, matter-of-factly, that "of course, 'wololo' is just barbarian for 'oh we so wish to live in your beautiful peninsula wise Tokugawa, please let us through so that we may be civilised by the wisdom contained within your great shiny cranium!' "

"Are you, sure? That sounds like an awful lot of information to be contained within three syllables. I do however possess a great shiny cranium, and our peninsula is indeed the greatest most beautiful peninsula, so you must be correct, for once. Still, it is our peninsula, and we'll not allow anyone through. Nothing comes in!"

And so that's the story of Japan's failed attempt at settling the mainland, and of how wise Tokugawa was proven correct (duh!). As punishment for their failure, every council now starts with Tokugawa affirming "I told you so", followed by the advisors replying in unison "You told us so!"

1676043027127.png

---

Edit:

This swordsman failed to capture the city by 1 health.
1676050958568.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom