1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI ...Huge disappointment

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Manol0, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Manol0

Manol0 Chieftain

Civ VI completely dissapointed me since its first screeshot release. However I dont want to complain about its unrealistic and cartoony graphics that ridicule the whole game...I could get over it if the game was good and improved as a proper grand strategy game. For example see what happened to the strategic resources... Now u can spam units with just one copy of a strategic resource... That breaks the whole concept of strategy... Think all of these things in comparison with Civ V which had majestic visuals and realistic strategy aspects! To say the truth if Civ VI was the sequel of Civ IV I would definately like it. But sorry Civ VI is a joke to be the successor of Civ V. The only encouraging thing in this terrible situation is that Civ players recongnise the superiority of Civ V and u can realise it if u take a look on steam statitistics. Fifteen thousand more players still play Civ V instead of VI each day. So there is a hope that the next edition of this great series will be promising.

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

You just did... next time just do not mention them or do not say you will not diss them when you do.

I am not going to disagree with the points you make, I agree to a large extent. They just do not ruin the game for me while they do for you.

3. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Some call Civ grand strategy. I don't think it is like heavier strategy games which carry that label most often. It has always been a middle ground game, better off tagged with 4X. I know this, cos I'm lazy, and can't be bothered with many grand strategy games! Yet I love Civ.

Well, you are over simplifying it because that mostly isn't the case in VI. And you're also ignoring that in IV (a far more strategic game in the minds of most pedantic people than V is) you always could build units with only one strategic resource.

That more people play V is meaningless at this stage. Getting VI requires a significant amount of money that not everyone has right away. Over the next year those numbers will gradually shift.

1SDAN, Buckets, Babri and 3 others like this.
  4. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I sometimes wonder if these clowns get paid by competitors to come here and write this stuff.

VI is great. Coming from someone who despises change, VI is great. Plenty of things need to be ironed out, but the game is awesome. Gets better every update. The numbers will change.

darkpigraph, 1SDAN, CivLuvah and 6 others like this.
  5. Shorlin

Shorlin Warlord

sorry too obvious, try again.

DutchJob likes this.
  6. Orange1861

Orange1861 Warlord

Civ 6 seems fine for the most part. In its current state, it is much more balanced than civ 5 (remember Venice vs Babylon). While it is relatively feature lacking, the issue isn't that its a bad game, its just new.

To be honest, the largest issues are that there is no world congress and city-states are a mess but the first is a lack of feature and while the second is a real issue, it still isn't as bad as pre-BNW happiness.

1SDAN, c4c6 and nzcamel like this.
  7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Sometimes I wonder the point of these threads. Are you trying to convince me to give up civ 6 and go back to civ 5? Are you saying I'm crazy or wrong to be playing this game?

Fact is the past 7 months or so I have 300 hours of civ 6 played to 0 hours of civ 5 played. But I suppose I am crazy for liking thus game.

Moderator Action: Please do not call others "fan boys." We regard it as trolling under our rules. -- Browd
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
    1SDAN, whyidie, Babri and 5 others like this.
  8. Victoria

There are certainly IV luvvers that troll here IMO

9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I suppose the point of these threads is: "I want to send a message to the devs, but I don't think they will take me seriously if I just send an email. So I will post a thread on a popular forum, and when hundreds of people add their voice to mine, they will surely pay attention then."

10. gfeier

gfeier King

I've played ALL the Civ games extensively and Civ VI is my favorite by far. I rank them this way:

VI
    V
    II (far ahead for its time)
    IV
    III
    I

When this game gets a few expansions under its belt it's going to be fantastic!

1SDAN, whyidie, Babri and 2 others like this.
  11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

4>6>2>3>5.Never played 1,

AbsintheRed, 1SDAN and ZubieMaster like this.
  12. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

They tend to offer slightly more objective views though ;)

AbsintheRed, ZubieMaster and Shorlin like this.
  13. Victoria

Oh, many civ 4 lovers are great and objective and pragmatic, just a couple go OTT

1SDAN, c4c6 and nzcamel like this.
  14. Orange1861

Orange1861 Warlord

Yeah, I prefer Civ 5 slightly to Civ 6 due to Civ 5 having more features, but I effeminately love Civ 6 much more than pre-BNW Civ 5. All in all, I think Civ 6 is going to be the better game in the end.

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

VI>IV>II>V, never played I and III, and I'm not even compensating for date of release here. V is ruined by Global Happiness, Tradition being so superior to Liberty, lack of decision making in improving tiles (hills = mines, flat land = farms), city placing being extremely binary, worth it only if there is a luxery resource because otherwise Global Happiness just screws you over, warmongering being impossible again because of Global Happiness, etcetcetc. Also it was apparently borderline unplayable until BNW came out but I don't have any experience with that. VI hasn't had expansions yet and is already superior to V in every. single. aspect. I doubt that there's a single turn-based strategy/4X/whatever game out there that can be compared unfavorably to Civ V if you're giving it an honest look. Global Happiness is killing.

nzcamel likes this.
  16. Victoria

It's funny how tastes differ... what really ruins V for me is I cannot help exploiting the fact that the AI cannot move and shoot

17. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one...

18. Slip de Garcon

Slip de Garcon Warlord

I just popped in here to see if I was the only one that's really struggling to bond with Civ VI. Apparently not - at least I know it's not something only I'm doing wrong.

I sat there the other day after - for some unknown reason all the AI players ganged up and siphoned my funds so dramatically that I was wiped out of the game in a few dozen turns - and tried to think of an element of VI that is preferable to V, and I came up blank. I then couldn't bring myself to play for a week, tried today and after a game in which an opponent founded a city in the middle of my area and then massively moaned about my proximity to him, followed by one in which more or less everyone declared war on me at once for no reason, I'm just sat here unable to press the 'start game' button.

It's not that it's hard, but whenever a game starts to go wrong, I just can't raise the enthusiasm to endure.

I have owned this game since Christmas and probably played it on average once a week, whereas Civs II-V I would've been played pretty much daily.

19. isau

isau Deity

What I can't believe about Civ 6 is it has this many features and we don't even have an expansion pack yet. I can't even imagine what this game will be like after the (likely) 2 expansions. Civs 4 and 5 only had this many features near the end of their cycles. Both good games, but let's be honest, neither in their Vanilla states comes within miles of Civ 6.

1SDAN, 4N4C0ND4, soundwaveuk and 5 others like this.
  20. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

So you don't consider the district system, dual tech trees, unique great people, unique city states, amenities/happiness system, movement rules, AI being able to walk and shoot in one turn, variable policies, traders building roads, the builder system instead of workers, the agenda system (even if annoying, at least you know why someone hates you) and the unique-ness of every civ better than Civ V? Not even one of them?

Depravo, 1SDAN, The Islander and 6 others like this.